It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Am I depressed or going crazy or what PLEASE READ

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2004, 11:54 PM   #1
    Infowanter

Infowanter HB User
    Am I depressed or going crazy or what PLEASE READ

Hey people. First off a bit of history. I have cystic fibrosis (very bad lung disease often fatal), and diabetes.

I am 27 yrs old and still live with my parents do to my health.
    In the past three our four years I have gotten to where most of my life is spent in front of a TV or on a computer. I go out about three times a week, that is OUTSIDE my house ... this is to see my brother or to run errands or go to a college class i have.

Over the years I have developed some things that are scaring the crap outta me.
    Things like some Obssessive Compulisive stuff for example,
    When I see anything on the tv that is bad to my religious beliefs, i HAVE to ask god to forgive who it was... even tho they are on tv...
    I have to pray at night and make sure I Pray about EVERTHING like even things i know cant happen, like every disease being cured... if i dont im get the idea that someoen i know might get one....
    This behavior comes and goes and it seems I can make it go away.

Heres another thing...... I CANT STOP DAYDREAMING or making situations in my head..everything causes it.... something said on tv.... something I hear on the radio.... a label i read .. a single thought that goes in my head..
    Ill end up talking to myself or just talking in my head not really to myself but just to nothing as if i was having a conversations with someone... kinda like this.. heres an example..

Ill think about a dr or going to talk to one..
    I start saying things like this in my head.
    I have these symtoms.... blah blah.. kinda like im talking TO the doctor...
    but I know hes not there.... and I dont see or hear him like im flippin or anything.. but my head is kinda fuzzy and I cant concentrate on the present.

Its gotten so bad now that I cannot control it... everything casues me to talk and talk and talk in my head... I cannot even watch tv withought doing it. Sometimes its a true daydeam but often its me in sort of a daze where the present is like where im not focusing on it.. but what im talking about...

WHAT THE HELL is wrong with me?????????????
    I also have gotten to where I cant feel emotions anymore at all.
    everything is just another thought or sentence in my head.
    I cant focus to enjoy the weather..... my mind feels fuzy even when looking at the sky...

Its like I have no concentration or emotion.

Then I feel really sad sometimes.... or frustrated... but i CANT feel happy or calm EVER.
    Its hard to cry even... my body doesnt want to let me.

I know alot of this is me being alone all the time with no company maybe.
    But what are the clinical terms for this?
    Ive gotten to where im telling myself i am crazy.
    I am going to get help for it next week from a therapist but I am going nuts wondering what is wrong with me
    Pls help me someone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2004, 03:26 AM   #2
    solcita
    (female)

solcita HB Usersolcita HB User
    Re: Am I depressed or going crazy or what PLEASE READ

Look, every little thing you said you "have" or you're doing, I'm in the same page. I do all the same things too. Except that as I'm not a very religious person anymore, so I don't ask God to forgive those people...
    I do talk alone A LOT, if you come into my room you would hear me speak with someone is not there... sometimes is to get things out of my chest...
    The no feeling part, I understand. I went through that a few months ago... everything could fall apart around me and I would not react and I would not even care. My friends were surprised I was that way because I never was that way before... I was really "calm" in the outside and did nothing if something was unfair. That's changing but to the other extreme, I get mad at everything and that's a big source of frustration to me.
    About the crying... I cry a lot. I was never a girl who would cry... maybe a few times, maybe with a movie or that kind of things. But now if something seems unfair, I cry. If I get mad, I cry. If I'm frustrated, I cry. If I'm down, sad or whatever, I cry.
    I understand your point. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Althought I can't answer your question. I don't know if all this is due to depression or we have some other disease... who knows?
    I almost forgot, I get out of my house every day for my daily classes, but most of the weekends I spend the entire day inside. I come back from school during Friday around 2pm and I don't go out until Monday at 7.30 AM to attend my class... Sometimes I do want to go out but I don't wanna do it alone. Due to the way I'm feeling lately I never want to hang out with my friends and as my sister has a bf now I never go out with her... so I never go out to have fun or anything like that...
    What you're going through is not as weird as you think. Many of us are going the same thing, so you're not alone.
    Hope to see you around and keep coming, there's lots of wonderful people in here...
    Take care and let us know how you went with the therapist.
    Sol

Old 09-03-2004, 08:10 AM   #3
    ILikeRats

ILikeRats HB User

Hi, I also daydream CONSTANTLY and have mental "conversations" with imaginary people all day, and have trouble focusing on reality. Maybe it's really common? I also sit around the house doing nothing unless I have somewhere I have to be, and I understand the feeling of not being able to feel calm. Things like baths, exercise, etc. do not relax me. Meditation and reading novels do sometimes. They also sell relaxation herbal supplements at health food stores, but I don't know how well they work...

Old 09-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #4
    solcita
    (female)

solcita HB Usersolcita HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ILikeRats
    Hi, I also daydream CONSTANTLY and have mental "conversations" with imaginary people all day, and have trouble focusing on reality. Maybe it's really common? I also sit around the house doing nothing unless I have somewhere I have to be, and I understand the feeling of not being able to feel calm. Things like baths, exercise, etc. do not relax me. Meditation and reading novels do sometimes. They also sell relaxation herbal supplements at health food stores, but I don't know how well they work...
    My conversations with imaginary people did not bother my normal life, until now... sometimes I'm talking with myself (when I'm around people I do it in my mind, I don't do it out loud) and I don't pay attention to the people who are actually talking to me... I guess it's getting worse.
    About relaxing... it happened to me too...
    I never thought I wasn't along in this one... LOL

Glad to see you around Infowanter thank you very much for starting this threat

SOL

Closed Thread