It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• ZOLOFT & PAXIL -Are They Working 4 You?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2004, 11:49 AM   #1
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User
    Question ZOLOFT & PAXIL -Are They Working 4 You?

In July, a lawyer filed suit saying Zoloft maker Pfizer misled doctors and the public regarding it's safety and effectiveness, mostly having to do with it's suicide potential and withdrawal symptoms.
    The suit details Pfizer's downplaying of Zoloft's risks and exaggeration of its alleged benefits. Pfizer did so, they say, by suppressing evidence of Zoloft's lack of effectiveness compared to sugar pills in treating depression and it's tendency to induce withdrawal and dependency,the risk of increased suicidal and violent impulses in Zoloft users and Zoloft's causing other side effects such as convulsions and psychosis!!
    In June, New York Attorney General Spitzer filed a similar lawsuit on behalf of all "aggrieved consumers" in New York relating to PAXIL.
    Karen Menzies said they are looking forward to working to expose the fraud that has been played against the public by Pfizer. Pfizer has promoted the benefits as huge and the risks as very small she says. She believes the truth has been suppressed for years and there's been an enormous waste of money, thousands of people have been HARMED by these drugs and many lives have been SHATTERED. Once all the evidence comes out I believe it'll be obvious that Pfizer was aware of Zoloft's safety for many years. Regardless, Pfizer has continued to market Zoloft as "highly effective," when only one out of five of Pfizer's OWN clinical trials indicated superiority over dummy pills. I think the risks of Zoloft far outweigh any alleged benefits. There are many doctors who were unaware of Zoloft's serious side effects and consequently miss-prescribed it. So your doctor ISN'T necessarily to blame; they believe the info that the drug salesmen hand them to read and , of course, what the FDA says.
    If you feel more depressed than ever or just the same as before taking these drugs, I hope this will help someone to be more aware of any alleged harm they may be causing and you'll realize Why this is happening and hopefully, you'll take the right action for your health's sake. Good Luck,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread