It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• boyfriend's parents are controlling and depressed about it

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-08-2004, 10:47 PM   #1
    kojirosbride

kojirosbride HB User
    Unhappy boyfriend's parents are controlling and depressed about it

Hey everyone
    i'm not sure if i'm in the right thread but i need some help....Me and my boyfriend have been going out for 8months now and since its almost chrimass he wanted to get me a ring...And now since he got me one his parents are pi*sed off about it and wants me to sign a promise note saying that if i ever break up with him (which i won't) that i have to give the ring back is that even fair? .And his dads been telling me that since he is going to give me this ring that its okay to have sex... and i know its not okay...My boyfriend has lots of problems about lieing that he makes a lie and he gets lost in his own lies and he dont know whats the truth or the lie....which i'm not sure how to help him to stop lieing to me...and i dont want to break up with him because he got problems...and i try to talk to his mother saying that she wont let him make his own decisons because he is old enough and she says she dont like me anymore and she dont want me and my Bobby (my boyfriend) to be together anymore..and i knw they got Bi-poler. and his parents has been controlling our relationship saying to Bobby that if you don't do good in school that we are going to put a PFA out on you girlfriend and threathening him and my family ...and i'm really depressed and have alot of stress about this and i'm not sure what to do or what to say because if i say the wronge thing to his parents i might never be able to see him again .i'm not sure if any one could help me and explain to me if this is normal that parents are suppose to controll their sons relationship..and if its normal because their bi-poler..or any help with anything i said...

thanks alot

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2004, 07:04 AM   #2
    cathy52

cathy52 HB User
    Re: boyfriend's parents are controlling and depressed about it

No, it's not normal that his parents are so deeply involved in his relationship with you. What is really ABNORMAL is the way you have become so stressed out and depressed over the situation. Instead of fighting to hold onto a lost cause...sounds like him and his family are beyond help, why don't you take a look at yourself and try and figure out what keeps you tied to someone who lies, allows himself to be controlled by his parents and allows them to do you the way they do. You might figure out that you have your own special set of problems also.

Get a book called Co-Dependent No More and absorb every word of it. Maybe then you can start to form healthier relationships.

Closed Thread