It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Hard to Focus, Feeling ''unreal'' ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2004, 08:23 AM   #1
    Gaz15
    (male)

Gaz15 HB User
    Unhappy Hard to Focus, Feeling ''unreal'' ?

Is it only me who is finding it really hard to focus on things? And also does any1 here ever go speaced out ''unreal' like your watching a dream its really hard to explain. But every night i get it and its starting to get to me. Last night i went to bed at 8pm because i felt like it and just didnt know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
    UK -Daviddddd
    (male)

UK -Daviddddd HB User
    Re: Hard to Focus, Feeling ''unreal'' ?

i have that feelin man, and i hate it too, i feel more alive when im asleep which sounds wierd i know.. i find it hard gettin up in the morning. i have a feeling like.. if i just stay asleep i feel more myself.. but eventually i get up.

i have trouble remembering when i did what and where is what and then just simply feeling like that frustrates me and makes me worry... because all i want is to be back feeling my old self...

i was working only yesterday at my job (supermarket cashier) which ive done part time for 2 and half years..i've only ever usually seen the part time job to get me some easy money to go out with friends and buy w/e.. but at this moment in time im struggling to do my job because of the way i feel. and then i think omg i will never be able to do anything .. if this is the way i'm gnna be..
    yesterday it felt like i was standing there passing food thru or wotever through doing my job, but I wasnt there.. i would get confused at simple things and it then lead to frustration and stressed me out and and my whole thought is on how i am feeling nothing around me really.. and then begin to worry and feel panicy like time cant go quick enough.. some people around me have said simply accept your situation and get on with it and do wotever you want to do..
    i want to want to do things but feel like i dont want to do anythin when i feel the way i do..

Last edited by UK -Daviddddd; 12-12-2004 at 09:41 AM.

Old 12-12-2004, 09:34 AM   #3
    Gaz15
    (male)

Gaz15 HB User

Its bloody horrible init mate, I just dont know what to do. I also really hate feeling like this and i find it really hard to wake in the morning, im not eating or anything this is so frustrating!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2004, 01:08 PM   #4
    Blue102

Blue102 HB User

That feeling is called derealization or depersonalization (I'm not sure which it is, I think the two are similar.) I've felt it before too. It's a symptom of depression and some other disorders (and in my case, withdrawal from an SSRI.) I can't help you out much but maybe you can look it up on Google and find out more information. Get plenty of sleep, that might help...

Old 12-13-2004, 08:13 PM   #5
    missmousethang
    (female)

missmousethang HB User

Hello I know that feeling you are talking about. I was put on effexor 37.5mg and Whoa, I was numb and felt like I was 'high' . I figured id try it for a few days but after 4 pills, I couldnt take it anymore. I have 3 small kids to look after and couldnt function. So I stopped taking the pills and went back to my cranky tired self. But I wasnt happy. Soo ... I waited a week and tried the pills again. This time I was fine. I felt great, No side effects. Then after a week of being on 37.5 I was bumped up to 75mg. ugh, all the symptoms came back. so i went back to 37.5 for 4 days, ,then tried the 75 again, and was great. Maybe you need a lower dose? Or different medication? Hope that helps.

Closed Thread