It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• anyone unable to function sometimes?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #1
    tshont
    (female)

tshont HB User
    anyone unable to function sometimes?

I've been suffering from severe anxiety/depression for awhile now. But for the past week or so I have only been able to attend school classes a couple times. I feel like I can't get things done I need to get done and I'm falling farther behind. This makes everything worse. Can anyone relate?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
    kiehn
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kiehn HB User
    Re: anyone unable to function sometimes?

Oh yes Ive been there. There's a lot of research that says sunlight can help.
    Are you in an area where you can go outside relax, nap, read book soak up
    some sunlight. Three are also natural alternatives suchas SAM-e or St John Wart.
    I hope you get feeling better soon, K

Old 02-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
    momsbrandi
    (female)

momsbrandi HB User

Maybe you should make an appoint with your Doc. Are you on medication? I have had this happen to me when I've tried tapering off of an antidepressant. This is also happened to me when I I've needed my medicine adjusted. No, you're definitley not alone there my friend. Call your doctor, do something about it, don't delay getting help.

Old 02-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
    momsbrandi
    (female)

momsbrandi HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by momsbrandi
    Maybe you should make an appoint with your Doc. Are you on medication? I have had this happen to me when I've tried tapering off of an antidepressant. This is also happened to me when I I've needed my medicine adjusted. No, you're definitley not alone there my friend. Call your doctor, do something about it, don't delay getting help.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:41 AM   #5
    EoR
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

EoR HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tshont
    I've been suffering from severe anxiety/depression for awhile now. But for the past week or so I have only been able to attend school classes a couple times. I feel like I can't get things done I need to get done and I'm falling farther behind. This makes everything worse. Can anyone relate?
    Are you having fatigue problems? I often find I'm too tired to do much. Maybe, if so, you could look into energy herbs to give you a little boost. I understand what you're going through. I hate falling behind, but remember, given the depression and anxiety, you're doing the best you can. Also, diet, exercise, and sleep can play a big role in depression. I notice a lot of people that post on these boards are students, and I can only imagine what a stressful lifestyle that is. One day at a time. You'll pull through.

Take care, sweetie.

*EoR*

Old 02-15-2005, 01:27 PM   #6
    Crossbow
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Crossbow HB User

Yeah, I've had times like that. There was a point about a year and a half ago where I almost wasn't even bathing. The psychologist who first diagnosed me with depression said that most people with depression like mine can't even work, but the truth is that staying home was harder than going to work, so I was really just doing the easiest thing. But anyway, then I changed my meds and I was OK.

And yeah, this is the worst time of year for people with winter depression. Supposedly, getting 20 minutes a day of full-spectrum light helps. It's pretty common where I live - most clinics here provide light therapy. My best friend has it, and she just spends as much time standing in the sun as she can. (There is also such a thing as summer depression, where people need to stay in cool, dark places in the summer.)

Old 02-15-2005, 01:34 PM   #7
    brett24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brett24 HB User

hi i know exactly how u feel, today for instance i basically wanted to sleep all day but i FORCED myself (its that bad) to do something. maybe go and see ur doc if u havent already, as others have said. exercise and diet are a majot cause of fatigue (ie no exercise and a bad diet)

good luck and take care

Brett

Old 02-15-2005, 02:11 PM   #8
    Blue102

Blue102 HB User

I'm going through that right now, in fact. I have class tonight and it's going to be all I can do to go. I probably won't even shower.

I feel bad because the house is a mess. I don't work. All I did today was sleep and browse the internet. I'm sure hubby will love to come home and see what all I got done today...

It almost feels like I have the flu, except instead of coughs and sneezes I just want to cry...

I know the best thing to do would be to go outside and get some exercise, but I just don't have the energy!

So yeah, you're not alone.

(Oh, and I'm on antidepressants! Maybe need to get them adjusted)

Old 02-15-2005, 03:58 PM   #9
    brett24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brett24 HB User

hey blue102, many people have said that they have the flu like symptoms with depression, ive got that too, i wonder why that is, its strange but i do feel like u said, apart from the coughs and sneezes i also want to cry so ur not alone

take care

Brett

Old 02-15-2005, 09:40 PM   #10
    volcomrxy21
    (female)

volcomrxy21 HB User

I get this way as well.
    In fact, the whole past week has been really bad.
    I'm a student as well, and working 2 part time jobs. Sunday I called out of work because I couldn't bring myself to go due to being tired... and Monday I skipped class. Today I went but thought about coming home to my warm bed the whole time.
    I feel as if I have the flu, as someone previously mentioned, but just mainly fatigue and sadness. I find that I get this way especially if I am around a lot of people for long periods of time.
    Anyway,
    Just a reply to let you know you're definitely not alone.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:18 AM   #11
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Alex6657 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue102
    I'm going through that right now, in fact.

(Oh, and I'm on antidepressants! Maybe need to get them adjusted)
    Me too! I freaked out at work last Tuesday and left early, took the rest of the week off and don't want to go in today. In fact, I'm not going in today.

Thank God I have an appointment with my doctor today.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:32 AM   #12
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Alex6657 HB User

Oops, I didn't mean to post again.

Last edited by Alex6657; 02-16-2005 at 06:34 AM. Reason: error

Old 02-16-2005, 03:23 PM   #13
    Blue102

Blue102 HB User

In regard to my last reply, I was having a 'moment'. I think it's good to think of it terms of a moment rather than a general view of life. Today was much better. It's best to not dwell on it and get stuck in the pity pool. Easy to say, right? Smile!

PS... For me, coffee helps!!!!

Last edited by Blue102; 02-16-2005 at 03:25 PM.

Old 02-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #14
    eddie300
    (male)

eddie300 HB User

This is worse for me during the winter, I am holding on for now despite a recent mood swing. A few years back I got so bad I closed my bedroom door and slept in my closet, ignored friends calling and banging on my door. So I lost my job of three years. I would talk to a doctor since this is affecting your life like that. Take care !
    Ed

Old 02-16-2005, 03:55 PM   #15
    SandybytheSea
    Inactive
    (female)

SandybytheSea HB User

There are times when I feel so good...and there are times when I cannot function. I am so sick of all of this .

Closed Thread