It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• cymbalta or zoloft?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #1
    saleenbty
    (female)

saleenbty HB User
    cymbalta or zoloft?

Hey girlies,

My doc had me switch from zoloft to cymbalta. Does anyone here take cymbalta? I know about it but I can't feel the difference and I think I like the zoloft better... kind of curious about anyones experiences or info.

ps... I like mixing them though

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
    kim840
    (female)

kim840 HB User
    Talking Re: cymbalta or zoloft?

I don't personally know the answer to your question.

I would watch the "mixing them". I don't see how you'll know which one is doing the job if you do. I am also not sure the doc would want you doing that. I think the docs deserve to know what it is you are doing so that they can be fully informed and act accordingly. It could be that you are hurting yourself more than you are able to understand by not staying on the program.

I encourage you to do what they say and then report back to them with complete honesty.

Good luck we are rooting for you!

Always Hopeful.... Marcia

Last edited by kim840; 02-22-2005 at 09:34 AM.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
    TonyaM
    (female)

TonyaM HB User
    Re: cymbalta or zoloft?

hi, I took zoloft before without any side effects...now i am taking cymbalta...i now get headaches and feel kinda wierd...the headaches aren't that bad...i also get sleepy ... i am not positive about this but I believe that cymbalta acts on two chemicals in your brain and zoloft only acts on one...but double check on that to be sure...i've also heard that cymbalta is supposed to be more of an energy giving antidepressant...however, i have not experienced that...tonyaM

Old 02-22-2005, 11:58 AM   #4
    saleenbty
    (female)

saleenbty HB User
    Re: cymbalta or zoloft?

I don't know It doesn't make me sleepy.... actually I havn't gotten a full night of sleep in a long time ... kind of feel like insomnia is kicking in. Playing computer games throughout the night - I am tired.. . kinda miss sleep... that refreshed feeling that you get when you first wake up before you realize you have to face the troubles in your day breakfast ... to eat or not? to leave home and face outsiders? To be productive? all these uncertainties that cloud my mind as I step out of bed.... I always think should I just stay there and whither away. I do have a T and I just got a P I know I shouldn't mix them but I love feeling numb. I love hurting myself because I realize I am real I can bleed. I will die... It makes me feel alive- hurting myself. We all will die if its sooner rather than later who cares? Nothing is forever, people are forgotten there lives there accomplishments. There is just no real point. everythings for the moment. And if for the moment I'm content with taking more than the prescription provides than so be it.

Thanks for the luv Marcia and hope... I wish I had as much as you. I do believe in God I think... but not in Jesus. I kinda think he came made this cuz everything comes from something - then left. I'm happy you have so much faith and love for yourself and others. I kinda wish you were here in person I do want a hug... someone to just hold me tight and never let go. Too bad everyones busy

Closed Thread