It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Trileptal..depression? cymbalta? extreme anxiety...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #1
    TonyaM
    (female)

TonyaM HB User
    Trileptal..depression? cymbalta? extreme anxiety...

Hi, I was prescribed trileptal for depression about two months ago...well, it doesn't seem to be directly helping my depression, but I used to feel like I was going insane ...this insane feeling (which might have been from compulsive, COMPULSIVE worrying) has dramatically decreased...so at least now I don't have to sit in the bathroom in the dark...trileptal is a medication mainly prescribed for seizures...my brother had seizures when he was younger...does anyone know if I could really be having seizures...

second....I have been on cymbalta for about four days now...i have had a small headache each day and feel kinda wierd ...i also have compulsive tendencies like overeating...my eating has been better these four days...but I am not sure it is worth the headache and weird feeling like I am floating and not on earth....oh yeah i get sleepy too...has anyone else been on cymbalta or are they on it now....what has it done for you and do you experience any side effects...

..do you have anything to reccomend for extreme anxiety..thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
    lsmith1
    (female)

lsmith1 HB User
    Re: Trileptal..depression? cymbalta? extreme anxiety...

I was prescribed Trileptal as a mood stabilizer, it is also used for Bi-polar disorder. I think it just calms down your nerves in your brain which in turn calms you down. I have not had any side effects from it but don't really see where it is helping either. I have never heard of Cymbalta is that a new depression drug? I am on Zoloft and I love it. I was on Celexa and wellbutrin and hated them both.

I take xanax 3 times a day for my anxiety but I have heard that xanax xr is awesome so if you can get your doctor to prescribe it that would probably help the anxiety. Unfortunatly because it is addictive it is sometimes difficult to get a doctor to perscribe it but I am sure that a phsycologist will. Good luck!

Old 02-23-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
    TonyaM
    (female)

TonyaM HB User

Hey thankyou so much for your reply lsmith1 ...I am seeing a psychatrist, I will ask him about xanax xr when i go back...and yes cymbalta is a new depression drug....its a lot like zoloft but my psych said it is supposed to be more energy giving...i had small headaches the first four days I took it but have not had any for two days and the sleepiness is going away too...so far cymbalta is great for me...i was prescribed zoloft once but never really gave it a chance...so i told my psych i wanted to give zoloft another chance and he said try cymbalta first ...I was also on celexa and wellbutrin and hated them both...celexa caused me to act out of control and wellbutrin just flat out sucked...

how much trileptal are you taking ...i am taking 1800 mg ...maybe your psych needs to up your dose...just a thought

Old 02-23-2005, 09:42 PM   #4
    saleenbty
    (female)

saleenbty HB User

Hey girl again.... I actually started cymbalta and have kinda the opposite effect... I can't really feel any difference.... my eating isn't that much better.. a bit but still bad... but I feel like a zombie... I get very little sleep usually four hours a night .. the first two days I didn't sleep at all and last night I actually got about 5 and a half... the most in the past two weeks but I was up for half an hour in between.... and I'm constantly tired... I guess the side effects are diff for everyone

Old 02-24-2005, 10:19 AM   #5
    TonyaM
    (female)

TonyaM HB User

saleenbty,
    yea side effects are different for everyone, i agree...i kinda have an opposite problem as you with the sleeping...i sleep way too much, sometimes 16-19 hours a day but its slowly getting better so cymbalta would prolly effect us differently..i don't know how i would manage on that little of sleep..jeez i can see where part of your depression comes from...i don't know much about how to get better sleep but i guess your docs don't either...i wish i could reccomend something...if you haven't already you might want to check out the insomnia board on this site if there is one

Closed Thread