It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Depression Message Board

  • Lexapro question

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 02-25-2005, 07:41 AM   #1
    LeeAnn1365
    Member
    (female)
     
    LeeAnn1365's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 68
    LeeAnn1365 HB User
    Lexapro question

    I have been taking Lexapro for about a week now. My question is, how long before the side effect of drowsiness goes away? If I sit still for more than 10 minutes I can barely hold my eyes open! Not having any other side effects. Thanks!

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 02-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #2
    EoR
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    EoR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Location: Albuquerque, NM
    Posts: 826
    EoR HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeeAnn1365
    I have been taking Lexapro for about a week now. My question is, how long before the side effect of drowsiness goes away? If I sit still for more than 10 minutes I can barely hold my eyes open! Not having any other side effects. Thanks!

    Hi Mine went away when I switched taking my Lexapro from mornings to night, so, it was about... two weeks, give or take. I don't know if it just happened that way, or if it was because I started taking it at night. Still tired all the time. Just not as tired. Good luck!

    -EoR-
    __________________
    ~Even an Eeyore needs a hug.~ (Hug Me Eeyore)

     
    Old 02-25-2005, 08:21 AM   #3
    LeeAnn1365
    Member
    (female)
     
    LeeAnn1365's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 68
    LeeAnn1365 HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    Thanks, I do take mine at night because I figured since a side effect was drowsiness that would be a good time to take it. Maybe it will get better with time. I am fortunate that I am a stay at home mom BUT there are plenty of things that need doing around here. Whew! Think I need a nap already!!!!!!!!!!

     
    Old 02-25-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
    EoR
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    EoR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Location: Albuquerque, NM
    Posts: 826
    EoR HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeeAnn1365
    Thanks, I do take mine at night because I figured since a side effect was drowsiness that would be a good time to take it. Maybe it will get better with time. I am fortunate that I am a stay at home mom BUT there are plenty of things that need doing around here. Whew! Think I need a nap already!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm a work at home mom, and let me tell you, being a mom is one of the hardest jobs out there! Hope your little tyke(s) will allow you that nap. I'm sure the drowsies will wear off. My other Lexapro side effects took about a week and a half to go away.

    All the best!

    *EoR*
    __________________
    ~Even an Eeyore needs a hug.~ (Hug Me Eeyore)

    Last edited by EoR; 02-25-2005 at 09:12 AM. Reason: grammar :)

     
    Old 02-25-2005, 09:17 PM   #5
    DKScully
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    DKScully's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: East Coast, USA
    Posts: 189
    DKScully HB UserDKScully HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeeAnn1365
    I have been taking Lexapro for about a week now. My question is, how long before the side effect of drowsiness goes away? If I sit still for more than 10 minutes I can barely hold my eyes open! Not having any other side effects. Thanks!
    I've been on Lexapro (while also taking Wellbutrin) for about a week and a half now. My doctor prescribed the Lexapro because the Wellbutrin was TOO energizing for me and was increasing my anxiety, so somehow with the relaxing effect of Lexapro, I'm supposed to reach some sort of balance. Strangely enough, I had the opposite side effect of the one you have--I had insomnia. I say "had" because last night (night 9) was better than it's been, so hopefully that will continue. All of my side effects have decreased in the past couple days, so hopefully yours will as well! Keep us updated!

    Noel

     
    Old 02-26-2005, 04:50 PM   #6
    LeeAnn1365
    Member
    (female)
     
    LeeAnn1365's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 68
    LeeAnn1365 HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    Update: I seem to be able to stay awake more! Hope this is a good sign! Also, no headaches since being taken off Depakote ER and only being on Lexapro. I hope just taking the AD is enough to keep the ocular migraines at bay since they are mostly stress related anyway.

     
    Old 02-26-2005, 09:52 PM   #7
    DKScully
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    DKScully's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: East Coast, USA
    Posts: 189
    DKScully HB UserDKScully HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeeAnn1365
    Update: I seem to be able to stay awake more! Hope this is a good sign! Also, no headaches since being taken off Depakote ER and only being on Lexapro. I hope just taking the AD is enough to keep the ocular migraines at bay since they are mostly stress related anyway.
    And update from me: I seem to be drowsier! How strange. I mean, it's kind of nice, because I've been wired from anxiety for so long that I forgot what it feels like to be relaxed enough that I could fall asleep during the day. But ultimately, I'll hopefully adjust and reach some sort of happy medium.

     
    Old 02-28-2005, 06:58 AM   #8
    LeeAnn1365
    Member
    (female)
     
    LeeAnn1365's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 68
    LeeAnn1365 HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    Hopefully you will be able to find that happy medium. I am not near as drowsy as before (knock on wood!). Keep us updated! Have had no ocular migraines either since I quit the Depakote ER. I am so hoping that just being on the AD will keep them away.

     
    Old 02-28-2005, 09:58 AM   #9
    EoR
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    EoR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Location: Albuquerque, NM
    Posts: 826
    EoR HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DKScully
    And update from me: I seem to be drowsier! How strange. I mean, it's kind of nice, because I've been wired from anxiety for so long that I forgot what it feels like to be relaxed enough that I could fall asleep during the day. But ultimately, I'll hopefully adjust and reach some sort of happy medium.
    I thought the drowsies were kind of nice, too, because I was too tired to actually feel depressed! Did you say what time of day you take the Lexapro? Switching it from the morning to at night helped me with the sleepiness some. Hope you find that happy medium, too

    *EoR*
    __________________
    ~Even an Eeyore needs a hug.~ (Hug Me Eeyore)

     
    Old 02-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #10
    DKScully
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    DKScully's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2004
    Location: East Coast, USA
    Posts: 189
    DKScully HB UserDKScully HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    My psychiatrist said I should take Lexapro in the morning so it can work with the Wellbutrin (which I pretty much HAVE to take in the morning... it wakes me up really quick!) Today, I'm feeling fairly "normal" in terms of drowsiness/wiredness, though my insomnia seemed to be worse again last night. I've heard that I'll have up's and down's before Lexapro gets me to a stable state, so I'm still trying to be optimistic....

     
    Old 03-01-2005, 03:06 AM   #11
    YouKnowYou
    Junior Member
     
    YouKnowYou's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jun 2004
    Posts: 23
    YouKnowYou HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    I said this once already somewhere here....I am getting off Lexapro as we speak,2 more days of weaning! I have been treated for Panic Attacks for years, and within the last couple monthes was recommended Lexapro(been taking for a couple monthes).....here is my list of anger

    1.)Did nothing for Panic
    2.)Made me feel very sick! dizziness, vomiting,blurred vision
    3.)Depression! This medicine made me depressed, I can't believe its perscribed for it!

    Like its always said, medication effects everyone differently.....Maybe 3 years of Paxil in my body screwed me up..I don't know. but Lexapro has become my devil!

     
    Old 03-01-2005, 06:42 AM   #12
    LeeAnn1365
    Member
    (female)
     
    LeeAnn1365's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 68
    LeeAnn1365 HB User
    Re: Lexapro question

    I'm sorry to hear that, for me, it has been a lifesaver so far. It is amazing how different meds as affect different people. I feel the same way you do about Topamax and Depakote ER, I will NEVER take those meds again!!!!!!!!!

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    tiredness with lexapro now to cymbalta?? janart Depression 0 10-10-2008 06:22 PM
    one day taking lexapro, then the next cymbalta, is this ok? gorgee Drug Interactions / Side Effects 0 08-30-2008 07:56 AM
    Please help with this question about lexapro.... lilsunshine1219 Anxiety 4 09-10-2006 05:39 PM
    Increasing Dosage of Lexapro Too Soon? jitteryme Anxiety 7 08-12-2005 07:26 PM
    from Cymbalta to Lexapro... question about antidepressants NickName Fibromyalgia 12 05-21-2005 03:08 PM
    Another question about Lexapro Falynsmommy Depression 6 10-11-2004 04:38 PM
    Lexapro dosing question jete23 Panic Disorders 9 06-14-2004 02:09 AM
    Lexapro and panic tgrose Panic Disorders 10 04-21-2004 06:49 PM
    prozac to lexapro Jensmom Depression 9 02-18-2004 11:22 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 PM.





    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!