It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Can't cry

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2005, 03:54 PM   #1
    Anterrabae
    (female)

Anterrabae HB User
    Can't cry

I feel kinda bad right now. I don't know why.. I don't feel as depressed as I have before. But I feel like I really need to cry. And I can't cry. It's really frustrating. I started taking Prozac a few weeks ago and I don't know if that has something to do with me not being able to cry. I really need to cry!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 04:45 PM   #2
    Barrie

Barrie HB User
    Re: Can't cry

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anterrabae
    I feel kinda bad right now. I don't know why.. I don't feel as depressed as I have before. But I feel like I really need to cry. And I can't cry. It's really frustrating. I started taking Prozac a few weeks ago and I don't know if that has something to do with me not being able to cry. I really need to cry!
    i am feeling the self and same thing... i am also depressed and feel if i could cry i would feel better but i just cant. i am taking amitriptyline for depretion it was good for the first 2 weeks and seem to wear of so i went back to the doc and he told me to take 50mgs as i was on a low dose of 25... but are ads the answer i started to take little walks which help a bit hth

barrie

Old 03-22-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
    Unicorn430
    (female)

Unicorn430 HB User

Antidepressents can make it so it's difficult or impossible to cry. Talk to your doctor about trying a different one.

Old 03-22-2005, 09:11 PM   #4
    polly_ethylene
    (female)

polly_ethylene HB User

oh i'm sorry, i know that feeling so well, you feel tense and ready to burst.. for me it was sort of the opposite though.. i hadn't cried for literally years when i was very depressed, but now that i found the right medication i've regained that ability.. pretty weird, i don't know how that worked.. but i do agree with unicorn430, definitely talk to your doctor, because it is important in my opinion. good luck..

ps. maybe for now, you could try to substitute with something else somewhat satisfying? i know it's not the same but exercising to the point that you are just dead tired can sometimes make you forget at least temporarily.. or doing art of some kind.. that has helped me in the past, to get feelings out in a different way.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:43 PM   #5
    bbybyrd
    Veteran
    (female)

bbybyrd HB User

I wish I could cry also. I've never been a crier. I hold it back to the point that I get a headache. There are times when I do want to cry though but it just won't come out no matter how hard I try. I'm on Paxil and was told by my pdoc that it can stop people from crying so it might just be your meds. You might want to talk to your doctor about it.

Old 03-24-2005, 12:58 PM   #6
    brett24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brett24 HB User

when i was on prozac i cried ALL the time!!! im still on it and occasionally ill sniffle but i know how irritating it is when u want to cry but cant. altho it COULD be the meds, it reacts differently with every person. if this is really effecting u, go and see ur doc and ask if it could be the prozac affecting u like this

Good luck and take care

Brett

Closed Thread