It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• what do i do when friends dont stick around

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
    jackel
    (male)

jackel HB User
    what do i do when friends dont stick around

my friends keep ditching me and never seem to wanna do what i like. i've tried and made new friends, but am have the same problem. people dont seem to like me or find me interesting and i dont know what to do.
    i try to live an active live,and most friends say im strange and weird. but never tell me its a bad thing. i feel alone. .

any ideas on how i can make my life better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
    jedimindtricks
    (female)

jedimindtricks HB User
    Re: what do i do when friends dont stick around

i don't have many friends either, i am not sure really why a few reasons i have thought about. i have been told i seem like a snob, when i am not at all, but i do avoid people, and i am very shy to people i don't know. Also, when i do start to make freinds i get worried people will think i am weird. well i am weird but i have come to the conclusion that its not bad to be a strange, infact, it makes me me, and you you and both of us more interesting. another thing about me, i am very naive, and kind to others, which while in school always took me out of the popular group, i hated how they made fun of others and making that known only got me made fun of. there are lots of reasons its hard for some people to make friends, and most of them are not bad reasons and don't make sense. the few firends i do have are wonderful people, who i know will be there no matter what, and those are the friends that matter. i wish i had more of an answer, but i guess i am in the same boat as you, but hey i will be your friend if that helps take care

Old 03-27-2005, 01:21 PM   #3
    brett24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brett24 HB User
    Re: what do i do when friends dont stick around

hey i know u prob dont want to hear this, but if they dont like u for who u are then they arent worth it!! i know this for a fact, when i got depressed my REAL friends stuck with me and now im closer than ever with them and the others who 'left' me i dont talk to anymore!

hey u could try joining a few clubs or something? that would be a great way to find people with similar interests to u

hey good luck and take care

Brett

Closed Thread