It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Depression Message Board

  • Wellbutrin sr and effexor xr

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 05-13-2005, 10:06 PM   #16
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Alex6657's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2004
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 632
    Alex6657 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin sr and effexor xr

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
    Also what dose is the lowest does for effexor?
    37.5mg. It's the lowest dose Effexor comes in.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 05-13-2005, 10:51 PM   #17
    Samantha317
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Samantha317's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: NC, USA
    Posts: 1,539
    Samantha317 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin sr and effexor xr

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
    Wow Sam what a creep to tell u to wait until morning. It really makes me wonder what we could see in people who are capable of hurting us so bad. Thank you for your response, it helps to know that others have had similar circumstances. I am lucky that my youngest is 18 and at least custody and things like that will not be an issue.

    I went to my doctor and she said under no circumstance was I to go under 150 of the effexor. She said if I want to go off it we would discuss it in a month when I see her next. So I will stay at current dose and the wellbutrin.

    What meds r u on now Sam?
    Hi Sandy
    Yes, I was married to that creep for 20 years. I thought it was until death do us part...it was almost my death. Oh yes, I was young, dumb, and in love. The fact that your youngest is 18 is great for you! See, it's not as bad as you think it is.

    I am still on Effexor 75 mg, Wellbutrin 450 mg and I see my doctor on Monday. I think I was doing better on the 150 mg of Effexor and 300 mg Wellbutrin.

    I agree with your doctor, you certainly don't want to get worse.

    Best wishes,
    Sam

     
    Old 05-17-2005, 05:20 AM   #18
    Samantha317
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Samantha317's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: NC, USA
    Posts: 1,539
    Samantha317 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin sr and effexor xr

    I just wanted to give an update on my doctor's appointment. The doctor and I agreed to decrease the Wellbutrin 450 mg back to the 300 mg and continue with Effexor 75 mg. I am concerned that the blurred vision is not getting better. I am not sleeping as well but I have not been on the verge of tears as much the last couple of days. I really didn't want to try and make any major changes in my meds until after my son's wedding in 2 weeks. I know this has created more anxiety for me so it is really hard to tell if it is situational or meds related.

    SandybytheSea and ImagineLennon

    Just wanted to know how things are going with you. Keep me updated. Have either of you experienced blurred vision on this combo of meds?

    Best wishes and many hugs,
    Sam

     
    Old 05-17-2005, 07:50 AM   #19
    SandybytheSea
    Inactive
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Dec 2004
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 70
    SandybytheSea HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin sr and effexor xr

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samantha317
    I just wanted to give an update on my doctor's appointment. The doctor and I agreed to decrease the Wellbutrin 450 mg back to the 300 mg and continue with Effexor 75 mg. I am concerned that the blurred vision is not getting better. I am not sleeping as well but I have not been on the verge of tears as much the last couple of days. I really didn't want to try and make any major changes in my meds until after my son's wedding in 2 weeks. I know this has created more anxiety for me so it is really hard to tell if it is situational or meds related.

    SandybytheSea and ImagineLennon

    Just wanted to know how things are going with you. Keep me updated. Have either of you experienced blurred vision on this combo of meds?

    Best wishes and many hugs,
    Sam
    No I have not had blurred vision, but I am so tired I can hardly move. The doctor says my B12 is low.

     
    Old 05-17-2005, 10:49 PM   #20
    Samantha317
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Samantha317's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: NC, USA
    Posts: 1,539
    Samantha317 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin sr and effexor xr

    Hi Sandy
    Sorry to hear that you are soooo tired. I am too! It is just so hard to do the simple things. Some doctors can give you a shot of Vitamin B12...it really helps. I should get a good B complex vitamin and start taking that again. I had a severe head injury several years ago and the neurologist suggested the Vitamin B complex (which includes B12). He said it would help in the process of healing the trauma to my brain. Are you taking any magnesium or supplements? My sister swears magnesium has made a huge difference for her. It sounds like you have a really good doctor. Hope you feel better soon!

    Best wishes and many heartfelt hugs,
    Sam

     
    Old 05-18-2005, 07:10 AM   #21
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Alex6657's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2004
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 632
    Alex6657 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin sr and effexor xr

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samantha317
    SandybytheSea and ImagineLennon

    Just wanted to know how things are going with you. Keep me updated. Have either of you experienced blurred vision on this combo of meds?

    Best wishes and many hugs,
    Sam
    I haven't had blurred vision either. Most of my side effects have pretty well disappeared. Even the sweating and being hot all the time have lessened, as have the night sweats (thank goodness for that! ). I'm not looking forward to the hot weather that is on it's way, but I suppose I will survive it.

    Looks like the three of us are in the same boat --I'm tired a lot of the time, too, and I sleep way too much.

     
    Old 05-18-2005, 08:23 AM   #22
    Samantha317
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Samantha317's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: NC, USA
    Posts: 1,539
    Samantha317 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin sr and effexor xr

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ImagineLennon
    I haven't had blurred vision either. Most of my side effects have pretty well disappeared. Even the sweating and being hot all the time have lessened, as have the night sweats (thank goodness for that! ). I'm not looking forward to the hot weather that is on it's way, but I suppose I will survive it.

    Looks like the three of us are in the same boat --I'm tired a lot of the time, too, and I sleep way too much.
    Hi ImagineLennon
    I am hoping that the blurred vision will disappear since I have decreased the Wellbutrin. Oh how I wish the sweating and the being hot all of the time would go away. It's horrible! I feel like some kind of freak when everyone else is cold and I am wiping sweat off my forehead I know what you mean about the hot weather, I am not looking forward to it at all.

    I guess if I had to choose severe sweating, tiredness, etc. over severe depression....I would choose the side effects.

    The lyrics to "I heard the news today, Oh boy" was stuck in my head for several days after reading your post....I thought you would get a good laugh out of that one .

    We may be in the same boat but at least we have good company .

    Here's to hoping we all feel better soon!

    Best wishes and many heartfelt hugs,
    Sam

     
    Old 05-20-2005, 09:32 AM   #23
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Alex6657's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2004
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 632
    Alex6657 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin sr and effexor xr

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samantha317
    Hi ImagineLennon
    I am hoping that the blurred vision will disappear since I have decreased the Wellbutrin. Oh how I wish the sweating and the being hot all of the time would go away. It's horrible! I feel like some kind of freak when everyone else is cold and I am wiping sweat off my forehead
    It's terrible isn't it? I usually only have problems at work when I'm moving around a lot (which is hard not to as a doctor's assistant for more than one doctor). A couple of weeks ago it was cold in the office and I was keeping my sweater on for the first half hour or so. People I work with were wondering what was wrong with me .

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samantha317
    I guess if I had to choose severe sweating, tiredness, etc. over severe depression....I would choose the side effects.
    Yeah, I've thought about that a lot and at times found it to be a very though choice to make, but ultimately I'd have to go with the side effects also.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samantha317
    The lyrics to "I heard the news today, Oh boy" was stuck in my head for several days after reading your post....I thought you would get a good laugh out of that one .
    LOL! I definitely got a laugh out of that! I hope they didn't bother you...I find myself with songs from the radio at work stuck in my head (usually the next morning when I wake up) and sometimes they really annoy me. The station we have on is generally not my taste in music, but they do play some songs I like in with all the crappy ones I don't like. Of course, my overall favourite musician/songwriter is John Lennon; he was a musical genious in my opinion.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samantha317
    We may be in the same boat but at least we have good company .

    Here's to hoping we all feel better soon!

    Best wishes and many heartfelt hugs,
    Sam
    Good company is always a good thing and I'm very glad to have found so much of it here.

    Take care!
    ~~Alex

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Effexor to Wellbutrin heythere5360 Depression 6 07-06-2006 12:04 PM
    Wellbutrin SR vs Wellbutrin XL littlejmb Depression 36 01-17-2006 06:19 AM
    Good Bye, Wellbutrin.....hello ?? roz5 Depression 18 01-13-2006 11:47 AM
    Wellbutrin/Effexor- side effects & sex drive Becky2000 Depression 2 03-26-2005 06:43 PM
    Help! How do I know if it's Effexor withdrawal or Wellbutrin side effects? DKScully Depression 11 01-12-2005 10:36 PM
    **Stopping Effexor, starting Wellbutrin--in need of moral support (and some answers)! DKScully Depression 5 12-29-2004 09:38 PM
    Effexor withdrawal?? Wellbutrin side effect?? ZFREEIN2003 Drug Interactions / Side Effects 1 12-24-2004 10:26 PM
    Wellbutrin worries lisar2003 Depression 2 04-29-2004 10:20 AM
    Wellbutrin not for me... Effexor ?'s Epiphany2003 Depression 8 12-11-2003 08:06 PM
    Effexor withdrawals or Wellbutrin side effects? wobbly Bipolar Disorder 3 11-17-2003 07:28 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 PM.





    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!