It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• zoloft making me worse

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
    desperate4help
    (female)

desperate4help HB User
    zoloft making me worse

I was put on zoloft 50 mg. 4 months ago for my depression from my hysterectomy. It has done nothing but make me more upset and put an extra 10 lbs on me. I tried stopping them cold turkey but that was the worst thing I could do. I felt horrible I was sick (flu like symptoms). Now instead of taking 1 everyday I take half. I want to know if anybody is having problems with this medication especially the weight gain. How long does it take for the weight to come off? Please give any advice. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2005, 09:58 PM   #2
    my username
    Inactive
    (male)

my username HB User
    Re: zoloft making me worse

I was on zoloft. I now have a pretty bad flushing/blushing problem that I don't think will ever go away. I even tried surgery, but that only worked for a couple months. My numb emotions continue to last, although the numbness has decreased. My short-term memory is pretty strong, but my long-term memory is virtually non-existent. I believe it also contributed to hair loss.

As for the weight, I lost some of it when my dosage was decreased (35 of the 95 pounds I'd gained). Most of the rest went away when I changed my exercise and diet drastically. Never could drop all of it, though (wouldn't want to... prozac made me look anorexic), and if I did get back to my pre-prozac weight, I'd still have had a fat stomach. The good thing is that unlike others, I didn't have horrible withdrawal symptoms.

Both the side effects and how long they last will vary from person to person, though.

Last edited by my username; 05-21-2005 at 10:01 PM.

Closed Thread