It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Questions on Wellbutrin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2005, 05:59 PM   #1
    Kim57

Kim57 HB User
    Questions on Wellbutrin

Hi....My dr. has given me some samples of Wellbutrin XL 150 mg to try because of some depression I have been experiencing. He told me to take one before I go to bed. Unlike many topics I have read where many of you take first thing in the morning. I have read the leaflet that came in with the pills and first thing that scared me was that it can cause seizures!! Has anyone ever had a seizure while taking this? I dont EVEN want to start taking them if I have to worry about this. And what is this fog I keep reading about? I have to drive an hour to and from work and I wouldn't be able to do that if I'm in some sort of a daze. So whats the deal with the stuff? Is it safe to try? I really need something. Thanks for any input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #2
    cptpooface
    (male)

cptpooface HB User
    Re: Questions on Wellbutrin

I have been on 300 mg of wellbutrin for over a year and I have not had any side effects. You have to remember that when they put these side effects on the bottle they list every possible side effect even if there is less than a 1% chance of it happening. That said, it is best to take it in a controled environment where you will be safe and have someone to help if something bad happens. Try it on a weekend or someday that you won't be out and about. These side effects don't happen to all that many people so don't worry too much about them. But you should still be careful, good luck with everything and I wish you all the best.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
    jewelgazer

jewelgazer HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kim57
    Hi....My dr. has given me some samples of Wellbutrin XL 150 mg to try because of some depression I have been experiencing. He told me to take one before I go to bed. Unlike many topics I have read where many of you take first thing in the morning. I have read the leaflet that came in with the pills and first thing that scared me was that it can cause seizures!! Has anyone ever had a seizure while taking this? I dont EVEN want to start taking them if I have to worry about this. And what is this fog I keep reading about? I have to drive an hour to and from work and I wouldn't be able to do that if I'm in some sort of a daze. So whats the deal with the stuff? Is it safe to try? I really need something. Thanks for any input.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #4
    jewelgazer

jewelgazer HB User

Wellbutrin is supposed to give you energy and I've never heard of taking it at night due to insomnia!! My MD told me to take it in the morning (150 mg.) and then another dosage 6 hours later. Yes, that is a pain, but she thinks it works better than the extended release. It took me about 10 days to feel a "lift". Good luck with you!

Old 06-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #5
    greeneyes100
    Inactive
    (female)

greeneyes100 HB User

I am taking 300 mg. of Wellbutrin XL and I just love it. It also improves your sex drives besides helping with depression. I have had no side effects or weight gain from it either. I noticed also that it doesn't make me as anxious as the Wellbutrin SR did. Gotta love it!

Old 07-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #6
    ejb4tennis
    (female)

ejb4tennis HB User

I have been on 150 of Wellbutrin XL for a week and will be increasing to 300 mg per day next week. I am instructed to take it in the morning. I am off the Paxil b/c it caused me to gain 20 lbs. I am hoping the Wellbutrin will help that fall off of me. Diet & exercise were NOT working as long as I was on Paxil. Back to the Wellbutrin, the only side effect I have noticed is that I have the buzzing feeling going on in my head and my hands are a little shaky but no reasons to stop taking Wellbutrin.

Closed Thread