It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• I will never overcome my eating problem on my own!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
    silky233
    (female)

silky233 HB User
    I will never overcome my eating problem on my own!

I have been emotionally eating for 2 years now. I have been on a diet for 2 years as well. Basically for the past years of my life I have obsessed over trying to lose weight, I will diet for a few days, binge for a few days, diet and binge diet and binge etc. This is literally been a routine for my life for what seems like forever. I do have anxiety disorder and depression...it runs in my family. I haven't seen a doctor because I never wanted to gain weight on meds being that I am trying to lose weight. But I have realized that I will never lose weight with my emotional eating problem unless I try to fix it with medication because I cannot fix it myself like I tried to convince myself I could. What I want to know is does medication really help you with this or not? I do feel anxious all day, that caused me to eat and eat. Because I feel like I can't sit still and I have to do something..I just feel so anxious. So I eat to distract myself. If medication doesn't help, than nothing will. But I will never be happy with myself until I lose the weight I want to lose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
    flinch
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flinch HB User
    Re: I will never overcome my eating problem on my own!

i've come across this same problem before, it was eventually overcome without medication, you just do some kind of physical activity, not too strenuous, for great long periods each day, especially over lunch and supper. it numbs the mind away from whatever it's dealing with, you work past the point of wanting to eat huge amounts and you can let youself eat knowing you've burnt it off during the day. but i think another issue here is why you're feeling the need to eat like that and being so worried about your weight. xxx

Old 07-05-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
    Re: I will never overcome my eating problem on my own!

Over the years of taking ADs, I gained A LOT of weight that I would not have gained otherwise.

Please don't turn to these medications solely for the purpose of losing the weight. They cannot help you with emotional eating. You need to have some counseling to deal with that.

Closed Thread