It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• I Look So Young

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-04-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
    Ric9
    Inactive

Ric9 HB User
    I Look So Young

I look so young for my age. I'm 23 and I look like I'm about 14. I hate driving because I can see people looking at me in my car. I know their wondering what somebody so young could be doing behind the wheel. This is causing me to feel like crap and it has for a long time. What can I do to get over this? Please don't tell me that I'll be happy when I get older. I hate that nonsense. I just wish I looked my age. Is it a medical disorder? Gary Coleman kind of looks young but he's also a lot shorter than me and he had lots of surgeries when he was younger. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it? When I was 9 I ran into somebody and got a nice shiner over my eye. It healed within a few weeks but that wouldn't have affected the way my face ages would it? I also can't grow a beard. I hate the way I look! Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2005, 02:43 AM   #2
    flinch
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flinch HB User
    Re: I Look So Young

could it be a hormonal problem? perhaps a doctor could recomend something to help? you'll probably find however that as soon as you start having a conversation with people they'll realise exactly how old you are. don't feel crap about it, not because there are so many "plus sides" e.g. the getting older thing but because you friends won't care what you look like and anyone else can get screwed. Go see a doctor, but when people start making decisions about my age i try and engineer it so the joke falls on them in the end. Hope you manage to find an explanation for it - let me know how it goes. x

Old 07-04-2005, 12:46 PM   #3
    Ric9
    Inactive

Ric9 HB User

Maybe it's a hormonal problem. Just getting back from the store and seeing my next door neighbor look at me bothered me. I know why he's looking. Not to mention all the cars. I hate it. I got a bunch of other problems too and I just can't stand living like this. I'm just ranting now, but it's true.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #4
    flinch
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flinch HB User

poor soul, i know the feeling, it's like there saying "why on earth is she on the same planet as us" .. well he in your case i assume. But don't collapse under it, be yourself and be strong! i do suggest going to see a gp because i know some glands can stop you growing (or the opposite), or stop your body altering how it should. it's not the most common problem but a rational medical thing like that can be sorted... promise. Just think, the people in are cars are there for a moment and then they're gone, and that's all they matter. you are here, you are real, as are the people who are worthwhile for not judging and for looking at you not your looks if you get me. keep coming back and talking, no i've discovered this place i imagine i'll be on quite a bit. at one time people got harsh looks because their skin was the wrong colour, and look how wrong the world proved that to be.

Closed Thread