It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Cymbalta or Lexapro?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-05-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
    armadillo pie
    Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
    Cymbalta or Lexapro?

I am thinking of getting on an anti=depressent. I am thinking Lexapro or Cymbalta. What do some you you take and know about side effects of both? How about success rates?
    Iam concerned about side effects.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
    sheltrpn
    (female)

sheltrpn HB User
    Re: Cymbalta or Lexapro?

I was on Zoloft and Remeron and couldn't stand the side effects, weight gain and wanting to sleep all the time. I was just switched to Cymbalta on Monday of this week and so far so good. I am on 30 mg. for 7 days and then up to 60 mg. The doctor told me the biggest complaint is a sick stomach, but I haven't found that to be a problem for me.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:30 PM   #3
    PattiChati
    (female)

PattiChati HB User

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]I had tried Cymbalta, but it just didn't do it for me. I am now on 40 Lexapro and it is okay I guess. I also have severe anxiety disorder, so that always interferes with everythign. I have found the Lexapro keeps the nasty panic attacks away, but not the anxiety. But I have tried them all and I would say the Lexapro has by far been the best, espeically with side effects.
    Good luck to you and give it a couple of months to work, unless the side effects are too horrific.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:37 PM   #4
    ittybit2227
    (female)

ittybit2227 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by armadillo pie
    I am thinking of getting on an anti=depressent. I am thinking Lexapro or Cymbalta. What do some you you take and know about side effects of both? How about success rates?
    Iam concerned about side effects.
    I have just moved and my new gp wants me to try Cymbalta for neuropathy. I fell and have probably nerve damage. I could use a shot of the anit-depressant properties but I read the insert and I don't know what to do. I mean it is like a cycle. My inablity to do the things I need or enjoy doing is impairing my general well being.

I don't know how bad your depression is but any depression should not be taken to lightly. I however have other medical problems and I read the insert of Cymbalta and it scares me. All of the SSRI's , Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, Lexapro, etc, there are many, all carry about the same sides. I am always afraid to be the lab rat for a new drug. These days many are being pulled and they actually warned the public in their interactions but they seem so slight.

I think you should go to a drugs store , yours and ask for an insert. Many of the sides are gastric from bleeding to gingivitis. I can't tolerate aspirin so that throws me off. I really have tried several kinds of SSRI's but they seem to make me worse. However , depression is not good at anytime.

I think if I were going to take a pill for my mental-wellbeing I would go to a psycologist and see if this was metabolic, short term or long depression or so forth. Sometimes talking it out can help. You can do a search for these drugs. Also you can open another window and do a medical online dictionary. If you don't understand the medical terminology.

Exercise was what worked for me best. I found if I can be active I can sleep better , eat better and deal with things. Thus my problem , I can't do the things I want. Are you sleeping. Do you have a friend or an outlet. I have just moved to this area and I fell the next day. You take really good care of you. Talk with your dr about suppiments. Health is the absence of disease. Always talk with your dr. Depression can be related to other disorders also. I have Hypothyroidsim and they have been trying to adjust my meds. One time it will be to high and then to low. Again another problem. Ask your mother if it or other problems are prevalent in your family.

I wish you luck.

here is a hug. They are always good. ((((((((A-pie)))))))))))))))))

Closed Thread