It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Effexor and Sweating !!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-11-2005, 05:52 PM   #1
    Northy
    (female)

Northy HB User
    Effexor and Sweating !!

Has anyone on effexor found that they sweat profusely? Have you found anything to help?

I mean, I am constantly sweating even when in cold air conditioning and I mean it runs down my back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
    Samantha317
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Samantha317 HB User
    Re: Effexor and Sweating !!

Hi Northy
    Welcome to the boards!

Welcome to the nightmare of Effexor! Yes, I have had and still do have profuse sweating from this drug. No, I haven't found anything for the sweating. I am trying my very best to wean off of the horrible never ending poor excuse for a drug! Sorry, I don't mean to be uncaring to you or your problem. It's just that Effexor has been and still is effecting me so so much more than I ever imagined and find yet another side effect of the drug every single day. It's not only the side effects it's the withdrawl of coming off of the stuff. My advice is to get off of it!

Best wishes,
    Sam

Old 08-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #3
    browneyesblue
    (female)

browneyesblue HB User

I don't think I've been on an AD yet that hasn't caused sweating! But effexor was definitely the worst! I used to have to get up in the middle of the night to change my clothes (fyi - my sweating is just at night while I sleep). One of the meds I'm on right now causes me to sweat if I don't take it at exactly the same time every day.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:32 PM   #4
    prozack

prozack HB User

Prozac makes me sweat profusely.It's really embarrassing.
    My kids ask me what's wrong when I break out in a severe sweat.
    There is no timing to it either.It will just randomly start at any time.

Old 08-14-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
    botty
    (female)

botty HB User

For me i found one of my first side effects was sweating
    before effxor when i exercised i always went bright red and sweated proberly more than most.
    But now like all of you the sweating is bad i find mine worst after a bath/shower for few hour later i sweat loads.
    Plus the worst time of day for me is night time i think in some way this is why i carnt sleep, read some where that when its bed time your body temp should drop.
    Although the sweating is bad the worst for me is not being able to sleep like normal ie at night but come the morning im ready fo rmy bed.
    Some days struggle through example fri 3 hours but yesterday still awake at 6 am so slept till 3pm.
    Ive been like this past 2 years and never had this problem before luckly i dont work but have been thinking of doing so as im ready not depressed any more.
    But think id have to work nights cause i cannot cope trying to do a job with no sleep
    if any one has any suggestions although i tryed lots and lots.
    Doctor gave me DIAZIPAM last year took a couple and decided against it.
    Also tryed valerina herbs till was told not to take with effxor so anyway its 1.30am here in the uk and sleep is not coming but least i know its not just me .
    THANKS SALLY

Closed Thread