It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Stopping Lexapro and Starting Wellbutrin XL

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-12-2005, 09:19 AM   #151
    campingirl72
    Veteran
    (female)

campingirl72 HB User
    Re: Stopping Lexapro and Starting Wellbutrin XL

I'm glad the combo worked good for you!!! And I'm glad you feel good today, not all groggy like when you take the antihistamine!

I didnt know it was a possible side effect either until someone mentioned it on here ~ I'm probably just thinking I have one cuz of reading that, lol ~ what symptoms did you have when you used to get them? did it hurt to pee?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 09:20 AM   #152
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Yes - it hurt really bad, and it felt like you had to pee all the time. They were awful. I am going to look up the side affects for Wellbutrin XL and see if it is listed. I will let you know.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:23 AM   #153
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ok - I checked, and it did not say that was a side affect. So - I honestly don't see how it could be...

Old 09-12-2005, 09:35 AM   #154
    campingirl72
    Veteran
    (female)

campingirl72 HB User

okay good ~ and it doesnt hurt at all for me, just feels like I have to go all the time and sometimes I try and dont even have to go ~ it's probably just because I'm thinking about it ~
    so other than the sleep thing, are you feeling pretty good on the Wellbutrin and off the Lex? do you feel crabby and irritable? I am still on 10mg Lex (down from 20) and I'm not having any side effects yet (no nauseousness or crabbiness) I going to go down to 5mg Lex on Thursday and see how that goes for a couple weeks

Old 09-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #155
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CG,

I am feeling great right now. On the nights that i didn't sleep, I felt irritable the next day. One of the side affects is that it makes you pee alot. My problem is that I have been feeling like I have a vaginal infection and I just had my checkup and I didn't have anything, but that is really bothering me!

Just got back from Walmart and they don't have the GABA either! Phooey! And I bought my flaxseed oil and it wasn't in any of my sacks, so now I have to go back there on my lunch hour tomorrow, yuck!

Old 09-12-2005, 12:59 PM   #156
    campingirl72
    Veteran
    (female)

campingirl72 HB User

little ~ I forget, how much Wellbutrin are you on? 150 or 300mg?
    I called my doctors office cuz she gave me the Wellbutrin SR (have to take twice a day) and I thought she was going to give me the XL ~ so the nurse put in a message that i want to switch to the XL ~ also she only gave me 150mg instead of 300 ~ I thought she was gonna give me 300 cuz she asked how much Lexapro i was taking and I said 20mg, cuz we tried 10 and that didnt work for me, so I figured she'd give me the higher dose of Wellbutrin ~ so I'm kinda bummed about that ~
    I'm glad you are feeling good on the Wellbutrin! I'm hoping it works for me too! I really hope I dont have to go back on Lex cuz I gained a ton of weight and cuz of the sexual side effects ~ I think I'm already losing weight ~
    they must only carry the GABA at health food stores, huh?

Old 09-12-2005, 01:12 PM   #157
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I'm on 300mg of the Wellbutrin and no Lex now. I didn't have any trouble sleeping when I was still taking the Lex with it, but once it was out of my system, at at 300mg of Wellbutrin, I started not sleeping. I might try 150mg again rather than the 300 when I finish this bottle and see how I do. If I feel just as well, I will call my doc and get him to change my prescription. I didn't have trouble sleeping on that dosage.

Yeah, I guess you can only get the GABA at the health food store. I was reading about it and Valarian and they both do the same thing, so I may just stick with the Valarain. I already have two bottles of that

btw... the Valarian makes your brain produce the GABA too.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #158
    campingirl72
    Veteran
    (female)

campingirl72 HB User

yeah I guess I'll just wait and see how I feel on 150 of Wellbutrin once I'm totally off the Lexapro ~ I just figured since I was on 20mg Lex, she'd start me at a higher dose of Wellbutrin, but maybe that's totally irrelevant ~ maybe I'll feel good on 150 of Wellbutrin and not have to go higher, otherwise I could always ask her to up it to 300 if the 150 doesnt seem to be working after awhile ~
    I was having sleep problems and I'm only on 150 of Wellbutrin and 10 of Lex right now ~ cant imagine if I was on no Lex and 300 Wellbutrin ~ then I probably really wouldnt be able to sleep! maybe its worse for me cuz I have to take 2 doses right now, one in the morning and one at night ~ maybe it'll be better when I switch to XL and only have to take one in the morning ~
    Did either the Valarian or GABA look any better than the other one from what you read? or are they exactly the same? sorry for all the questions!!!

Old 09-12-2005, 01:27 PM   #159
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

No problem Actually, they sounded equally good, so that's why i decided to stick with the Valarian for now. Look it up on the supplements website and see what it says.

btw - I just thought of something. I haven't had any brain zaps today!! Maybe because I took 100mg of the 5-HTP last night?

Old 09-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #160
    campingirl72
    Veteran
    (female)

campingirl72 HB User

yaaaaaay no brain zaps!!! that's great!!! I bet the 5htp is helping ~ hopefully you wont have any more ever!
    My doctor called in the prescription for the Wellbutrin XL so I picked that up tonight ~ I'll start taking that tomorrow morning instead of the SR ~
    Its been really nice to have someone to talk to that's going through the same thing as me thank you

Old 09-12-2005, 07:34 PM   #161
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CG, YES it is definitely good to have someone to talk to that is going through the same thing! I actually did have a couple of zaps later, but not as bad and not all day like I have been having. Great that you got the XL - it will be alot better than taking it twice a day. I would have a hard time remember to do that. Thanks for being here to talk to ME!!

I feel quite good on the Wellbutrin only now, and glad that I could make the change. I do think I have more energy, and don't get as tired as I did before. There was another girl on this thread, Kinsey, that started on it the same time as us, but I don't know what happened to her, she hasn't been on her in a couple of weeks. I would like to see how she is making it so far also. It helps to copare reactions and everything, doesn't it. Well - I took my Magnesium and calcium. In about an hour I will take the 5-HTP and Valarian, and hope shortly after that, I will be ready to pass into blissful sleep! Hope you get a good night sleep too!

TTY tomorrow

Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 AM   #162
    campingirl72
    Veteran
    (female)

campingirl72 HB User

hi little! how are you today? I'm glad to start the XL today, dont have to remember the 2nd dose, plus I'm glad I dont have to take one right before bedtime since it interferes with sleep ~
    I was wondering what happened to Kinsey too ~ I read this whole thread from the start when I found it about a week ago or so, I was happy to find this thread of people going through the same thing as me, so it was nice to read about what you and Kinsey were experiencing ~ but then there weren't any more posts from her ~ i hope she's okay!!!
    are magnesium and calcium supposed to help with sleep too?

Old 09-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #163
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi CG, I hope Kinsey is ok too!

Be sure to take your Wellbutrin in the mornings, so it won't interfere with your sleep as much (hopefully)! I didn't sleep as well last night, and I took an extra Valarian too, and at 2:00 got up and took another one. The only thing I can think of is that I drank a Diet Coke yesterday afternoon and I may still have had the caffine in my system. I will drink it earlier today, that's for sure!

As far as the Calcium and Magnesium - they do help you sleep. That's all I used to take, but since I got on the 300mg of the Wellbutrin, I have had to add the other stuff too. I wonder if the boys (Zak and Gus) are sleeping now. They were having the same problem. My girlfriend here at work take 150mg and she doesn't have any trouble at all. Wonder if its because I'm on a higher dose now?

Old 09-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #164
    campingirl72
    Veteran
    (female)

campingirl72 HB User

thank you for all the tips! I took the Wellbutrin at 9:00 today, hopefully that will be early enough ~ I really hope the sleeping gets better for you!!! did the 150mg of Wellbutrin not seem enough? or did your doctor just automatically put you at the 300mg? it looked like Zak and Gus got banned I would like to know how they are doing too!

Old 09-13-2005, 01:06 PM   #165
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

They will be back probably when their week is up. I am anxious to see how they are doing with this sleeping thing too! Actually, I started on the 150mg, and felt not quite good enough, so they upped me to 300mg. After I finish this botte, and now that the Lex is out of my system, I am going to try some of my 150mg sample bottles and see how I do before I fill my other prescription of 300's.

I went online at lunch and ordered some 5-HTP, good qualtiy Valarian. Maybe the Valarian I have (and most likely) isn't a really good one.

Closed Thread