It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Stopping Lexapro and Starting Wellbutrin XL

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2005, 11:39 PM   #436
    kinsey61
    (female)

kinsey61 HB User
    Re: Stopping Lexapro and Starting Wellbutrin XL

Sorry I tried to cut and paste that to make it a two parter. [ In case you didn't have a half-hour to read my problems! ] It posted what I didn't want it to, and I didn't get to proofread it. But, like I said, you get the idea. I know the interrupting and correcting is kind of a man thing, and he has always done it once in awhile ( I guess we all do, really), but NOW it is just ALL THE TIME, EVERY ******* CONVERSATION ! He finds something to contradict, no matter how small, and the conversation never gets finished. I end up blowing up at him because he doesn't hear a word I say, then he feels bad, I feel bad, the dogs feel bad...just bad all the way around.

How do you get someone who doesn't see, or pretends not to see, or truly sub-conciously doesn't see what he is DOING to me to receive and understand counseling? I mean, he would go, and he's an intelligent man, do you think a third party would help---even he's uncomfortable for the time that we're there? I really feel the probelm is about repressed anger at me, maybe a third opinion would give him something to think about. [ Or it could cause more repressed anger ]

I am just totally at a loss here. I thank God for the medication, my Doctors and you guys, I could never have handled this 6 months ago. Maybe he was just waiting to have his breakdown until after I had mine? Or maybe he's afraid if i'm better i'll leave him? See, these are all issues that definitely have to be handled by a proffessional. I have never imagined anything other than growing old with this man, and I don't think he has either, but we can't go on like this. Something has to to give. Any advice would be appreciated. I think there is a marital problem post on here, right? I didn't want go back and look, I was afraid I'd lose this post and , Jackie, I wanted your opinion.

STILL looking for you too CG, praying for you and hoping all is well or getting there.

Signing off knowing at least my head is straight and that's a blessing-
    Take care-
    Kinsey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 05:58 AM   #437
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Oh Kinsey, sorry things are so bad at home! BIG HUG!

You do have a mess there don't you? Marriage can be hard, and believe me, my DH and I have been through horrible times (many times) off and on through the years. Counceling did help him, but it wasn't marriage counceling - it was to deal with his problems. He used to drink to escape and that caused us problems because I hated the drinking and we fought all the time about that. I was at the point of leaving because he stayed drunk, was totally depressed and was driving me crazy. He finally hit rock bottom and got help. That was in 1996 that he started seeing the Psychiatrist and slowly started getting better. We've had our ups and downs and threaten each other to leave now and then, but right now we're doing good. I'm not saying that everything is perfect, there's alot I would like to be different about him, and that aggrevates me to death about him, but I don't think it will ever change. Sometimes I feel like such a b...tch because I nag at him so much, but I feel like I have a child at home rather than a husband lots of times and I get so darn frustrated!

I honestly think counseling would be a good idea since he won't be truthful with you about how he feels. I will pray for you both! Hang in there!

Hope you have a good day, it's time for me to start work now....

Old 10-29-2005, 09:29 AM   #438
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

Could any of you tell me if the anxiety caused by wellbutrin goes away after awhile? I like you love the lex, but I swear it increases my appetite. Or I feel better, so I eat more. Either way, I'm hungrier when I'm on it. I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder, and I have 300mg wellbutrin given to me by me gyn. When I take it, it makes me nervous and gives me really bad headaches. But it does give me energy! Should I try it and stick with it longer, or do you think it just wouldn't work for an anxious person?

Last edited by americandancer; 10-29-2005 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 10-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #439
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Americandancer,

When I first started on WB, it did make me kind of nervous, but that went away. I do not think I am quite as calm as I was on Lexapro - but I was hungry all the time too, and didn't like the sexual side affects. I think if I took 5mg of the Lex and 150mg of the WB - I would have a great mix there, but my doc doesn't like to do combination therapy. I think the two work great together. Maybe you could try that and see what happens?

Closed Thread