It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Moody without reason??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 AM   #1
    TwinStar

TwinStar HB User
    Question Moody without reason??

Hi..I have a question here.Do you sometime feel moody or depressed even when there is nothing bothering you?
    I don't understand why I can be happy for today and moody for the next day.Am i going crazy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 12:57 AM   #2
    s1980
    Inactive

s1980 HB User
    Re: Moody without reason??

hello there,
    I certainly have problems with my moods without any reason, I can be doing fine, getting thru with my day no problems and then not long after feel terrible - tired, sensitive, short tempered and utterly down in the dumps.

I don't think this is crazyness. It makes my life utterly miserable at times and I hate myself for the mood swings but I don't believe it is that I am going crazy, or that you are going crazy either.

I am currently looking into information regarding hormones, they have a massive part to play in our moods, I also get the feeling that I am experiencing certain side effects from the contraceptive pill and so I think I am going to change pill, or possibly contraceptive method and see if that helps at all. The effect medication has on the body cannot be underestimated.

I think it is perhaps worth visiting a Doctor with your concerns, they will be able to see if there are any physical reasons behind the mood swings at all - I think this is a good step to take especially if this is starting to have larger effects on your life, as in my case.
    all the best.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:31 PM   #3
    stuckmissy
    Veteran
    (female)

stuckmissy HB User
    Re: Moody without reason??

Moody is an interesting way to put it. I don't honestly believe that I am going crazy..however I understand that choice of words because when I have to describe how I feel, it is exactly that..like I'm going crazy. I think its the lack of control over my emotions that makes me feel "crazy". I start off very irritable..cranky..moody..with a sensativity to noise. And that eventually leads to sadness, sorrow and feelings of dispare..yet during the same day I may have times where I feel fine. If I'm busy that helps, but as soon as I stop, not so good. I agree with s1980, hormones can cause a lot of problems if not kept in check. For myself, I'm trying to do what ever I can to feel better, but looking for the reason, isn't one of those things. Others may disagree, but for me I can't find the reason and that leads me to have even more negative feelings. Hang in there.
    Krissy

Closed Thread