It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Good Bye, Wellbutrin.....hello ??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User
    Re: Good Bye, Wellbutrin.....hello ??

Hey Kinsey, I wondered if you would venture back here. Well - I went back up to the full dose of WB today. I had felt like screaming and crying this week (on just one) so I said to heck with that and took the second one today and feel MUCH better. The gals on the menopause board asked me why I was trying to wean off of it and I asked myself that question, and i really didn't know the answer. I guess I just wanted to see if I could do without it, but I know that at this time, I really need it. How are you doing on the WB withdrawal?

Hubby is trying to quit smoking and I get mad at him when I see him smoking, that just lights my fuse. I know it's hard to quit, but I quit a year ago and haven't really wanted one since then and they taste nasty to me now. Of course, I didn't smoke nearly as much as he did either!

Roz, the whole hormone thing sounds way to complicated to me. That's the reason I refused to take hormones. I am in menopause now, so other than hot flashes, I am pretty much ok now. I just reached my one year mark last month. I have a good friend at work that is always messing with her hormones and I think that's what turned me against them. I believe she is on Estratest and Prometrium.

Well - thats my 2 cents for the night!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2006, 03:44 AM   #17
    roz5
    Veteran
    (female)

roz5 HB Userroz5 HB User

Kinsey,
    My appointment with the Global Nutritionist was outstanding. Wow......I came away feeling so good about myself and the plans that she has for me. Needless to say, my desire to try another anti-depressant is now on hold.
    This woman is so knowledgable. She spends a great deal of time visiting and talking on the phone with doctors all over the US and Europe (many of them quite famous). She was able to tell me about all of the functioning systems in my body by looking at my eyes with a magnifying device.....Iridology (I know....sounds "way out there"!). She even knew that my testosterone level was at -2!! I was so intrigued.
    She has me on a 4 week "cleansing of the system"....basically, a healthy meal plan based on organic and healthy food choices. She also has me on several supplements....none of which will interfere with my hormone meds (she was adamant about that). She was also highly respectful of the bio-identical hormones that my gyn has me on (made me feel good about my gyn). She intends to keep in contact with me every few days to see how I am doing. I go back to her in 4 weeks.
    The good news....right now, I am feeling very good about myself. The glass is "half full" and I'm not needing to seek out an anti depressant at the moment.
    Let's hope this works for me and I will eventually reach my quest for better health........mentally, physically and nutritionally!
    Goodbye Wellbutrin......hello ?????

I will keep you posted on my day-to-day progress.
    I have to take my mom to the Cleveland Clinic today & tomorrow for a consult with a cardiologist. She is a dear woman and is my true hero, so I would take her wherever she needs to go to find a solution to her heart problems. My father, older brother & sister are all going along. Should be a nice "family trip" with some good old fashioned bonding time. Please say a prayer that she will get some good answers. This trip is only for a consult, so I should be home Monday evening.
    I'll check back later.
    Here's to happier days!
    Lisa

Last edited by roz5; 01-08-2006 at 03:46 AM.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:56 AM   #18
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Lisa,

I am so intriuged by what supplements the nutrionist put you on. I am a firm believer in "natural" whenever possible. Because of this, I won't even get on hormones. I am menopausal now and have just just hit my one year mark (forgive me if I have already told you this). But, anyway, I am on SOOO many suupplements now it isn't funny. Please let us know what she put you on and what it is for, ok?

I have heard of looking at your eyes and being able to tell what is going on with your body. One came to the health food store I use a few years ago, but I didn't go see her. Now I wish I had, of course, I hadn't gone wacko at that time, so that would probably have nothing to do with now!

Best of luck, Lisa, and please do keep us updated!

Jackie

Last edited by littlejmb; 01-10-2006 at 04:16 PM.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:47 AM   #19
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Lisa,

I am dying to know what supplements your doctor told you to take, and how you are doing on them. PLease let us know! Thanks!

Closed Thread