It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• SEVERE DEPRESSION & FIBROMYALGIA HOW CRUEL CAN THE WORLD BE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2002, 06:03 PM   #1
    Chris J-L 50

Chris J-L 50 HB User
    Angry SEVERE DEPRESSION & FIBROMYALGIA HOW CRUEL CAN THE WORLD BE

This posting may shock some of you that have got to know me for my funny postings on the message board. I have never wished to post something that wasn’t positive, or inspiring to those of you who suffer DEPRESSION as I, but I have been severely trouble by a reply on "I GOTTA SURVIVE EFEXOR WITHDRAWAL". I must state firstly and clearly, I am not upset or angry at this poster. She is a wonderful lady who has been a wonderful support to me. My anger is from her misunderstanding of a very cruel and debilitating illness FIBROMYALGIA that she ONLY misunderstands, from comments she has read in the newspapers about the illness.

THE MEDIA ARE BLOODY IDIOTS……………………….

FIBROMYALGIA is one of the cruelest illnesses currently known. FIBROMYALGIA is a physical illness. It is an illness of the Central Nervous System in the same category as PARKINSON’S DISEASE. Yet it is looked upon as THE DROPOUTS OR BLUDGERS DISEASE and treated with scepticism and scorn by the media.

The pain associated with FIBROMYALGIA is excruciating and PHYSICAL not PSYCHOLOGICAL. However sufferers of FIBROMYALGIA often suffer very SEVERE DEPRESSION. WHY? Because people do not understand this horrific illness. FIBROMYALIGIA is, like I said, an illness of the Central Nervous System. It is caused because the neuro-transmitters that send messages from the brain to the body have been damaged. The damage causes the senses to pain, touch, smell, etc etc to distort and echo. What is normal pain to a normal person is quadrupled for a FIBROMYALGIA sufferer. It is like your body is trapped constantly in a vice and the more you struggle to free yourself the greater the pain. It is horrendous, but nobody sees that pain, because there is no physical sign outside your body to indicate how excruciating the pain is.

IF YOU SHOW THIS PAIN, PEOPLE ACCUSE YOU OF BEING A BLOODY BLUDGER OR WHINGER. They CANNOT SEE THAT PAIN……….As far as they are concerned you have two arms, two legs so what the BLOODY HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU. The same way people with DEPRESSION are treated. WITH UTTER CRUELTY.

As I said also, FIBROMYALGIA sufferers often suffer SEVERE CLINICAL DEPRESSION. There is no cure for FIBROMYALGIA. It is not FATAL, BUT many sufferers often PRAY IT WAS. At least then the torture and cruelty of their illness would be over. Unfortunately many take this option, simply because so many MISUNDERSTAND their illness and are SO CRUEL to them. AND ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THE MEDIA ARE BLOODY IDIOTS WHEN IT COMES TO THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS ILLNESS....

PEOPLE DO NOT LAUGH OR SCORN SUFFERERS OF PARKINSON’S or RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS yet they humiliate and treat, with the most horrific of scorn, sufferers of FIBROMYALGIA.

HOW BLOODY CRUEL CAN THE WORLD BE……………………….

If you know someone who sufferers FIBROMYALGIA let them know you love them and appreciate them. DON’T give them sympathy, THEY DON’T WANT THAT. JUST LET THEM KNOW that you love them, and you appreciate the pain and the cruelty that they suffer EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES.

OFTEN THEY ONLY ENDURE AND SUFFER THAT PAIN AND CRUELTY, because they know ending their pain would cause OTHERS PAIN.

I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE…………..I SUFFER SEVERE FIBROMYALGIA…………..AND SEVERE CLINICAL DEPRESSION………………

My postings I CRIED TILL I LAUGHED have been my way of HELPING ME COPE WITH MY PAIN. If I can bring happiness or laughter to just one person in the world, just once a day. THEN MY DECISION TO KEEP FIGHTING THIS ILLNESS AND NOT GIVE IN TO THE PAIN has made my effort WORTHWHILE.

I HOPE I HAVE NOT UPSET ANYONE BY POSTING THIS MESSAGE. IT WAS SOMETHING I HAD TO DO. GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KINDNESS AND HELP WITH MY EFEXOR PROBLEM. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN

CHRIS

------------------
    CJL

The following user gives a hug of support to Chris J-L 50:
    bree09 (03-21-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to Chris J-L 50 For This Useful Post:
    ARuvo (12-10-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2002, 08:08 PM   #2
    effexorjunkie

effexorjunkie HB User
    Oh honey I am sorry!
    I just didn't want to admit my diagnoses, I never meant to offend you.
    But I think that I also said I was pig headed.
    I think in time, they will find proof in a blood test, and I know that even rheumatoid arthritis doesn't always show up either. At least that is what my doctor said. Now it seems that I meet the criteria for both but no proof of either.......confusing ain't it?
    I just over analyze , we all do from time to time.
    Sometimes it is part of depression.
    We try to rationalize, get frustrated, over analyze and then BAM.
    I still stand by what I say that applies to ME.
    It ticks me off because I hurt. But my pride makes me tuff it out unnecessarily. That pig headed thing again.
    It does not mean this applies to you.
    I still believe that sometimes it is not diagnosed properly. That is the scary part for me.
    Now, in the future, know this.......NEVER would I hurt anyone intentionally. I try to be very careful and concise my thinking.
    If anyone thinks I targeted them, I would most welcome a direct response---if this is allowed.
    This is the only way to clarify things. Skepticism can be healthy too.
    I send you love and sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Somehow this got out of hand.
    *note to self.......SHUT UP EJ!*

Everybody wants to be somebody in the world but remember, to somebody you ARE the world.

Old 08-24-2002, 10:46 PM   #3
    Chris J-L 50

Chris J-L 50 HB User
    EJ

NO APOLOGY NECESSARY HONESTLY. I know you didn't mean to offend me. It is not you I was angry at, it is the stupid cruel media that angers me. They do not always get the real story before they write their stupid articles. AND TV programmes can also be really stupid also. Some of those script writers for the soaps need to get their facts straight. I've seen some damned awful programs that depict people suffering depression as dangerous maniacs or lazy. They have no damned idea how painful, frightening and lonely depression, and many other illnesses that are not physical in appearance are.

I AM TRULY VERY VERY GRATEFUL FOR ALL YOUR WONDERFUL HELP DURING MY EFEXOR WITHDRAWAL. WHEN I NEEDED SOMEONE YOU WERE THERE FOR ME.

GOD BLESS YOU EJ.

------------------
    CJL

Old 08-25-2002, 10:28 AM   #4
    effexorjunkie

effexorjunkie HB User
    Always will be Chris. I happen to think you are pretty terrific.

Everybody wants to be somebody in the world but remember, to somebody you ARE the world.

Old 08-25-2002, 01:26 PM   #5
    Chris J-L 50

Chris J-L 50 HB User
    THANKS EJ

Are we not ALL VERY LUCKY to have found a message board that has so many terrific and caring people on it. Yes finding this message board has been wonderful,
    I can truly say it has actually saved my life.

THANKS TO ALL

------------------
    CJL

Old 08-26-2002, 01:47 PM   #6
    psychosmurf317

psychosmurf317 HB User
    I only recently learned about fibromyalgia...my 35 year old cousin was recently diagnosed with it, after years of suffering and not knowing the cause. She too has severe depression, and although things seemed to be getting better for her after she was finally diagnosed, she seems to have hit a rough spot again.

She can't get online for a while, but I plan on refering her to these boards when she can, because I know she really needs someone who understands just what she's going through. Everyone in her life seems to believe she's just lazy or overexaggerating. Not me, I mean, I can see her pain, and all, but I know it would be better if she had someone she could actually relate to.

Sorry this post didn't have much of a purpose, just wanted to say that I do get the gist of what you're going through, and that I hope my cousin can find at least some bit of piece here.

Old 08-27-2002, 03:48 AM   #7
    Chris J-L 50

Chris J-L 50 HB User
    Psychosmurf

Yes, I hope your cousin can find some help and understanding from visiting the message board. I understand her pain and the depression that accompanies it. There is also a site on the healthboard for Fibromyalgia sufferers, but depression being a major consequence of this horrible illness is the reason I post on this site.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif(((((((((((Psychosmurf's Cousin))))))))) http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

I am glad she has someone like you who understands her terrible pain. She will need all the support she can get to sustain her will to live with this cruel illness.

------------------
    CJL

Old 08-29-2002, 10:44 AM   #8
    Lucky

Lucky HB User
    First off, I spilled out my guts on my original post and it disappeared . . . running out of time and have to make this short . . .

Chris, I want to thank you for your post! I get on here every once in a while looking for "answers" for my mom. She has been suffering from Chronic Fatigue / Fibromyalgia for a few years. I don't totally understand it and to some extent I feel she brings some symptoms on herself. DON'T yell at me yet . . . I LOVE my mother or I wouldn't be here!

I KNOW she has something they have called a "TREMOR"! It's pretty much parkinsons in my book. Her left side shakes (her hand mostly) which really bothers her since she is left handed!

The reason for my post is I love my mom and sometimes I get so tired of talking to her because she is ALWAYS SOO depressed. I feel like a bad daughter because I don't feel that I am as compassionate as I should be.

She worries about EVERYTHING . . . THINGS SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW IS GOING TO HAPPEN . . . A "PRE-WORRY". She will do this for MONTHS / WEEKS, whatever, until this "situation" is over. I get tired of hearing it!

You know, everyone goes through bad times . . . good times . . . life goes on! Try to see a positive side on why this is happening . . . God has everything happen for a reason. Whether its a character building event / who knows. But I truly feel this! MANY people have it worse off than I. I hate to feel sorry for myself.

The reason for my post is to thank you for making me see a different side . . . beside my own. I get mad at myself thinking I am not being compassionate enough and then at times I'm tired of hearing it . . . but I want to thank you . . . your post hit home and I will try harder to be a better daughter!

Thank you and good luck to you ALL!!! Take care!!

Lucky

[This message has been edited by Lucky (edited 08-29-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Lucky (edited 08-29-2002).]

Old 08-29-2002, 04:07 PM   #9
    Chris J-L 50

Chris J-L 50 HB User
    Dear Lucky

Do not get angry with yourself for being frustrated with your poor mom. It is very hard to live with someone who is constantly in pain and especially someone who worries so much about everything. (Goodness I know that feeling)........

My poor hubby would sympathise with you very, very much on that score. It is alright for you to get fustrated, fed up and upset with your mom, you are an important person also, and you are human. When things with your mom get you down. Just give her a kiss on the cheek, tell her you love her, then go outside and kick the rubbish bin in or something to get out your frustrations, and don't feel guilty about it at all.

Another thing you can try is a little bit of humour now and then. Some of my little stories and jokes in previous posts, may bring a smile to your mom's face, she may very likely relate to some of the stories I have written about how I see the world sometimes. If she doesn't get a laugh, then maybe you will.

God Bless you for being a good daughter and remember it is ""alright to be human too"". YOU LOVE YOUR MOM, that is obvious, but remember you have a right to have normal emotions and one of those can be a feeling of "fed up" with everything.

By the way cruelty to dust bins is acceptable. Mine has been replaced several times, hubby has one hell of a kick, and god bless him, I know he loves me, regardless of the bin.

Chris

------------------
    CJL

Closed Thread