It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

need friends

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2002, 04:48 PM   #1
newdawn

newdawn HB User
Unhappy need friends

first of all I wanted to say thank you for those of you that have replied to me this board has helped me so much and now to my question I was just
wondering has anyone who has taken effexor XR had homocidal tendecies? I am back on my zoloft and thank god I am I also wanted to know how some of you are doing been worried..
god bless,Renee'

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2002, 10:05 PM   #2
bev52
Veteran

bev52 HB User
Hello Newdawn,

I'm sorry I don't have the answers to your questions, but I did want to say 'Hi' and hope someone comes along with some advice/info.

With Kindness
Bev

Old 10-05-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
purple2067
Senior Veteran
(female)

purple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB Userpurple2067 HB User
I don't have any experience with that, but you should definitely tell your psychiatrist about the side effects of the medications (ie: the homicidal tendencies)

Old 10-05-2002, 10:51 PM   #4
Blue4U2

Hi newdawn!!!! Funny, I just posted with a question regarding Effexor, as well....

I was on 225 mgs. a day. I was on it since January, and when my problems were discovered to be physiological, and not pschological, I began to taper off.... SLOWLY.

One thing happened to me once where I was taking the effexor, Ativan, benadryl, and steroids b/c the doctors decided to diagnose me with asthma and severe anxiety.

With the Effexor combined with the Prednisone, I had what was described as a psychotic episode.
I cried for hours every day for days, and became more rigid and depressed as time passed. I finally snapped and went over the edge with a razor to my body. I did not feel anything physically, I was just in RAGE.

I am not saying it wasn't there in the subconscious somewhere, but I am a non-violent person without self destructive tendencies normally. My behavior was so off the wall that my fiance called an ambulance and my family.

I cut myself bad enough that some of the cuts needed stitches. But it did not phase me until my head was clear a few weeks after my steroids were done and not mixing with the Effexor. THen, it turned around, And I became extremely scared of dying. I was on such a high dose of effexor that I had memory problems.... and every time I would yawn, my eye would twitch for about 10 minutes thereafter.

I would pass right by my house because I forgot to pull into the driveway, or I would simply forget where I was or going.

Hindsight is 20/20..... I realize how out of it I REALLY was now that I am almost off of it.

But the withdrawl effects are REALLY rough.
I spent almost the entire day in bed yesterday because I kept feeling like I was falling and I had a TERRIBLE headache.

I think it sounds as though you are either having an
adverse reaction or need a dosage adjustment.

I think more research needs to be done regarding the effects SSRIs have on people whose anxiety is NOT
a result of a chemical imbalance.

If your chemicals are not out of whack, what does a seratonin reuptake pill DO?
I would think it would exaderate behaviors and completely mess up your balance, no?

Blue

Closed Thread