It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Medicine other than Effexor

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2002, 12:22 PM   #1
BlueSkies

BlueSkies HB User
Post Medicine other than Effexor

I was put on effexor about three months ago for depression. I waited it out, through all the side effects, because it supposedly takes a while to work. Well, I don't know if this is possibly, but it feels like my depression is actually WORSE. I do feel less anxiety and my temper is a little better, but then I have horrible nightmares where I am always angry at people, screaming at them with a deep feeling anger that I've never felt before. It's almost as if the effexor is just making me drive these feelings into my subconcious where they come out in constant nightmares. Also, I seem to care less about life than ever before. I never feel like doing anything and would probably sleep 20 hours a day if I could.

I am going to my doctor tonight, but was wondering if anyone else has had this experience. It seems to me that everyone else I've talked to has experienced great relief from effexor and I feel even more depressed to think I am imagining all this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2002, 06:27 PM   #2
Fuzzy Bear
Inactive

Fuzzy Bear HB User
Hi BlueSkies,

I don't have the answer to your question, but I just want to welcome you to the board

As the others log on, you will get plenty of support

I like your username

Take care,
Fuzzy

Old 10-07-2002, 06:53 PM   #3
bev52
Veteran

bev52 HB User
Hello Blueskies,

So sorry to hear that you've had a rough year and on top of that, you're having a tough time with getting your meds straight. Most of us have been there.

Did your doc prescribe any other meds for you, aside from the Effexor?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bev

Old 10-07-2002, 09:26 PM   #4
newdawn

newdawn HB User
Red face

I know exactly what you mean about the side effects my stupid doctor put me on 37mg to 75mg of effexor XR after taking 100mg of zolft for two years I was very violent and anxious myself but I was also homocidal did you experience that??? I mean I tried to hurt my mom so I understand about temper....I hope that thing start to go better for you soon I had a few nightmares
myself but I am now back on my zoloft so I am doing much better you are in my prayers..
Renee'

Old 10-08-2002, 06:45 AM   #5
BlueSkies

BlueSkies HB User
Thanks for your support guys!! I didn't actually get violent, except for in my dreams I was always screaming at people with an anger I never felt.

The doctor gave me Lexapro last night, I have never heard of it so I guess I'll do some research this morning.

Has anyone else had any experience with it? At least it isn't the step up program like with Effexor. I just start out with 10 mg.

Closed Thread