It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

one flew over the cuckoo's nest

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2002, 06:35 PM   #1
Debbie68

Debbie68 HB User
Post one flew over the cuckoo's nest

I really think my mother is cuckoo, and it's driving me crazy. You see mommy lives with my boyfriend and I. Iam a fully grown adult and have been living with the same guy for years, comfortably and peacefully. Add mommy to the mix(she moved in for "one month" while she had chemotherapy, 11 months ago). Yes she has cancer, and I feel she uses that to be manipulative and lay guilt trips.
Today, life with mommy has been brutal. I had to leave my own house just to get some peace.
I can't live like this. Today the form of abuse is the silent treatment. Sometimes she yells mean things to me, that something's wrong with my head, I need help, etc. She's the one who needs help. She called the police on me about one month ago and I heard her tell them to "come and get my daughter". Since this is my house-in my name- they told her to leave. She didn't of course. I feel like my life is controlled by mommy. The anger is building......I don't know where to turn for help but I definitely want(need) to talk to someone about this. I think she's lost it. When Iam not angry Iam depressed. I was always able to maintain a job before thru depression. Now I don't want to do anything. My depression is worse than ever, and I can't help but think she is the cause. When, as an adult, can you stop feeling responsible for your parents? And not let them lay guilt trips on you? I feel my mother is taking advantage of me and Iam letting her. But is is SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF ME!! I need to put my mental health before hers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread