It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Update for MonkeyBarSoup

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2002, 07:37 PM   #1
MonkeyBarSoup

MonkeyBarSoup HB User
Talking Update for MonkeyBarSoup

Well, I called my psychiatrist's office to tell him what has been going on this weekend, and they said I should come in. I went in and things are great. So far, we didn't change the dosage of my medication, but we are adding a medication for thyroid. He seems to think I may have a thyroid disorder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2002, 08:22 PM   #2
MonkeyBarSoup

MonkeyBarSoup HB User
I have had thyroid tests done in the past, but they've all come back normal, but my doctor listed off some symptoms and most of the answers were yes. So, he thinks I have a thyroid problem, which he gave me some medication for and in early December, I go back to see him, and then we'll get a workup of blood done at that time. I have had about 9 thyroid tests done in the last 3 or so-odd years...all coming back normal....whatever "normal" may be.

Anyway, thanks!

My name is very special to me. It has a lot of significance.

Old 10-21-2002, 08:59 PM   #3
MonkeyBarSoup

MonkeyBarSoup HB User
The significance of MonkeyBarSoup. Well, I was adopted a long time ago. It was the first time I met my new grandmother, "Grammy". My Grammy gave me some ice cream and I have sensitive teeth and a small mouth, so I like to mix it all up so it's semi-melted and smooth like pudding. We named it Monkey Bar Soup. So ever since I was 2 and a half years old, I have called my semi-melted, mixed up ice cream, Monkey Bar Soup. This is one of my fond memories of my Grammy, who I wasn't all that close to, but closer than I was to probably anyone else. She died last March. It was really sad and I don't know how long I cried over her. I got to see her September 2001 when I visited my adoptive parents for a whole week. In November, 2001...she got sick and was diagnosed with colon cancer and had surgery and had 70% chance to live. She made it through the surgery and began on chemotherapy and was doing great. The doctors gave her a 98% recovery rate. Then, one Sunday. I got the phone call. My boyfriend and I were watching a movie, and we paused it after the phone rang the first time. It was my adoptive mother. I knew something was wrong when the phone was ringing at 8pm on a Sunday night. It was some sad news. My Grammy had died...suddenly for no apparent reason. Afterall, her prognosis was 98% and she was responding well to the chemo. Because we didn't know why she died...they performed an autopsy at the family's request. It wasn't the cancer that killed her. She had a blood clot that went straight to her heart. I find solstice (I think that that is the word I am wanting to use) when I think about the first time I sat at her table across from her mixing my Monkey Bar Soup up. I was her first and oldest grandchild. I felt special and I think we had a special kind of bond. The last time I saw her alive was over Christmas 2001. The last time I saw her body, still and lifeless, was in March 2002.

Monkey Bar Soup is something that was a special thing between her and I, and that is the significance of my name.

I do feel guilty because she got to see my graduation (from highschool), but not my brother's, and she won't see my sister's, or her other 4 grandchildren's. I just feel sad because they don't have a grandma anymore.

Monkey Bar Soup is mixed with love and memories!

Thanks for listening!
MonkeyBarSoup

Old 10-21-2002, 09:42 PM   #4
MonkeyBarSoup

MonkeyBarSoup HB User
I don't know what to say, but I am all smiles.

Old 10-24-2002, 02:15 AM   #5
Ashlee
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ashlee HB User

MonkeyBarSoap... I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother It's nice that you're using the name MonkeyBarSoap though. It's a nice memory for you.

Take care,
Ashlee

[This message has been edited by minerva (edited 10-24-2002).]

Closed Thread