It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• * * * I FEEL FANTASTIC * * *

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2002, 02:49 AM   #1
    Ashlee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ashlee HB User
    Talking * * * I FEEL FANTASTIC * * *

This is great...

Maybe Iím getting better! Iím having all these REALLY good days lately... unfortunately they are followed by extremely crap days at times but who am I to complain when I feel this good at times? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif I feel like my life is the most exciting thing in the world! But then I think it sucks again and I donít know how to go on. Well, at least itís better than it used to be... it used to be the latter 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and that SUCKED! But maybe if I stay as optimistic as this when I can, Iíll get better! I feel WONDERFUL!

I still sleep like crap. I donít know why. Iíve thought maybe it was this other medication I have been put on (not the ADís), but even if I donít take that for a few days I still sleep like crap. Itís a bit of a bother because I only have a few more weeks of school and Iím trying to do my absolute best to end this year with good grades. I hope I do, but the lack of sleep is making it hard. I still canít stop myself from worrying myself to sleep and I think thatís the problem, but Iím so optimistic now I think that Iíll manage to get that under control too one day. Hopefully one day soon!

You know... Iíve said so many times before that I wanted to get better from this terrible depression that I have been trapped with for so long... but I think these past few weeks are the only times when Iíve actually realise that I MEAN it... that Iím not going to do anything BUT recover. No isnít an answer. If things go bad now, I tell myself to get my act together and do something thatíll make me feel better. And I DO it! Only now do I actually have the motivation to follow those plans through.

I know this is the wrong forum... but just a quick note about my eating disorder. Iíve DECIDED Iím going to get better. Thatís right, Iím GOING to get better. I think I can say now that I am in recovery. Iím eating pretty okay again. Three meals a day although they are very small Ė but I never was a big eater even before it all. I recently had a bad time with my eating disorder, and once again thought I would never get better, but now I KNOW that no matter how difficult things get, I wonít be able to think they wonít get better because I KNOW that someday they will. Itís the same with the depression.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif I feel like celebrating. I donít know whatís gotten into me lately. Itís weird actually... one moment Iím on top of the world acting like thereís no tomorrow and the next Iím down in the dumps and returning to my sullen self.

Well, just thought Iíd share my ďnewsĒ. I gotta go to bed now, but I hope everyone here is doing well too!

Ashlee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2002, 03:27 AM   #2
    simby
    Veteran

simby HB User
    Cool

that's great ashlee. it just gets better. and remember - even "normal" people have really bad days.

Old 10-19-2002, 03:30 PM   #3
    AnotherOne

AnotherOne HB User
    You're lucky... I envy you
    But congrats tho..

Old 10-19-2002, 03:35 PM   #4
    Ashlee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ashlee HB User
    Unhappy

Oh, AnotherOne... I'm so sorry!

I shouldn't have posted this... it was dumb of me. I really hope you feel better soon. You will, too. I've felt like crap 90% of the time for years... and now I feel okay, so I can assure you it does come. Remember that. Again, I'm sorry about the post.

Take care,
    Ashlee

[This message has been edited by Ashlee (edited 10-19-2002).]

Old 10-19-2002, 03:58 PM   #5
    AnotherOne

AnotherOne HB User
    No, dont apolagize..its not ur fault
    trust me...the minute I dont feel like im empty and cold inside I'll be flooding these boards and crying my a** off cause of happiness ...
    But I doubt itl happen anytime soon
    Why cant i feel love or anything like that? grrr...
    I miss my Lexapro...I was happy and loving after 3 days of takin it...stupid wellbutrin.
    Go to hell Wellbutrin
    Im sry Im so selfish..blah

Old 10-19-2002, 05:17 PM   #6
    Ashlee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ashlee HB User
    Thanks Chrys and AnotherOne.

It IS nice to feel good again... even if it doesn't last for too long, it's a nice change.

AnotherOne, if Lexapro worked so well for you, why don't you take it anymore? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif Perhaps yuo should talk to someone about changing your meds again? Well, good luck!

Take care,
    Ashlee

Old 10-19-2002, 05:36 PM   #7
    AnotherOne

AnotherOne HB User
    I dont take lexapro because on the 4th day I had very severe chest pains and i had to get rushed 2 the hospital...then they found out it messed up my liver or something so I couldnt take it anymore...
    Then I was one week w/o anything and on tuesday morning I started Wellbutrin cause the doc said it works slower so we can monitor how im doing and stuff....
    Its hell

Old 10-19-2002, 08:05 PM   #8
    mydog8mybrain

mydog8mybrain HB User
    Dearest Ms. Ashlee,
    Good to see your post. Glad to hear that you may have finally turned the corner. Is it not just the strangest thing? YOu lay in bed, open you eyes, and actually feel good about the day ahead. yes, it is a great feeling. Sometimes horrible pain is the price we have to pay to get the ticket to the good life ahead.
    Please keep posting. Depression simply defined is a lack of hope. If you can bring hope to others that are suffering then please continue to do so.
    Bruce

------------------
    Those who dispense tough love to their children now should be prepared to receive same back from them in 30 years.

Old 10-19-2002, 09:49 PM   #9
    Ashlee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ashlee HB User
    Thank you, Bruce. Love the name, by the way! (Mydog8mybrain) LOL.

You're right... that's it's a weird feeling. I suppose things have been going slowely uphill for a while now. Now I feel like I'm at the top of a mountain and there's no way I'm coming back down! Well, within reason! I'm aware that there'll be more bad days while I'm still trying to recover from the depression completely, as well as the other stuff... but I KNOW that I NEVER want to feel as bad as I used to EVER again. That was almost just too much to handle, and I refuse to let my life get that out of hand again. I'm on my way uphill now, and there's no way I'm turning around and coming back down.

To all those people out there that are still feeling so depressed - I'm not posting about this to 'show off'. Not in the least. I'm posting because I know that whenever I am really down, it always made me feel better to know that one of us was actually doing okay - getting better. It was sort of inspirational and convinced me never to give up completely. I hope that everyone of you out there can one day feel okay again too.

AnoterOne... it's the same for most people when they first start Anti Depressants... you feel as bad as ever for a little while... and then things start picking up for you. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the Lexapro. Your doctors wouldn't have put you on the Welbutrin if they didn't think it was going to help you at all, so just stick with it and things are sure to get better. And of course we'll all be here to support you when times get really tough!

Take care,
    Ashlee

Old 10-19-2002, 11:27 PM   #10
    bev52
    Veteran

bev52 HB User
    You Go Girl! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

((((((((((Ashlee))))))))))

Old 10-23-2002, 02:31 PM   #11
    nlathers
    Inactive

nlathers HB User
    Smile

Ashlee,
    Have you ever tried Trazodone to help your sleep?
    Also I was wondering, are you taking a mood stabilizer?
    --Axo

Old 10-23-2002, 05:03 PM   #12
    bev52
    Veteran

bev52 HB User
    Hey Axo,

Long time, no talk.......so what's going on?

Bev

Old 10-23-2002, 05:33 PM   #13
    ivy2002
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ivy2002 HB User
    Smile

((((((((((ash))))))))))

cool to know you are doing well

ivy

Old 10-23-2002, 07:05 PM   #14
    west virginia girl
    Senior Veteran

west virginia girl HB User
    ((((((((ashlee))))))))))

Old 10-24-2002, 12:05 AM   #15
    Ashlee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ashlee HB User
    Thanks Bev, Axo, Ivy and WV Girl!

TO answer your question, Axo; no, I'm not taking Trazodone to help me sleep. When I went to the doctor a few weeks ago (I go once a week), she simply suggested taking the AD's earlier in the evening so that it wouldn't keep me awake at night. It's been about three weeks or so now with doing that, but it really hasn't made any difference. The AD's I'm on always had the OPPISITE affect on me! That's why I switched from taking them in the morning to taking them at night in the first place! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

Is Trazodone a prescription medication?

I'm also not taking any mood stabilizers... to be perfectly honest I'm not even sure what they are! I suppose the name kind of speaks for itself.

Well anyway... I'm still doing PRETTY well. Still having some major ups and downs but at least it's not just the downs anymore! When I get tired I often get very down and VERY grumpy and irritable! LOL! My poor poor family... I think I'm gonna be sleeping in the dog house soon.

Thanks again everyone. Hope you're all doing well!

Ashlee

Closed Thread