It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Celexa question, please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2002, 04:40 PM   #1
    mistyeyed

mistyeyed HB User
    Question Celexa question, please help

I saw a psychiatrist 2 weeks ago regarding my anxiety, after talking with me for awhile she told me I suffer from depression and anxiety. I had a bad experience with Paxil last winter and did not want to take another SSRI. Well the doc wrote me a prescription for Celexa. It seems to be working ok though she started me on 5 mg for 7 days then 10 for 7 then 20 for 7. I am now taking 10 mg, this is day 4. My question is, is Celexa as difficult to stop as Paxil was, I almost lost my marbles when I stopped taking the Paxil and the reason I was taking Paxil was because I had already lost most of my marbles which left me with not too many marbles to lose and now that I've found some of my marbles I'd hate to lose those precious few marbles still rattling around in my head. So if anyone has any information to give me regarding my fear of losing my marbles I would greatly appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2002, 07:11 PM   #2
    Citykittie
    Veteran

Citykittie HB User
    Hi I was on Celexa for the better part of 3 years. I weened myself off Celexa and had no side effects. About 2 months later my anxiety came back slowly but then very intense and daily. At that point I almost lost my marbles I went on a "cousin drug" of Celexa called Lexapro and it is GREAT!!!!!!! So I don't know if the extreme anxiety was caused by quitting my meds or just because I have anxiety. plain and simple.

Old 11-21-2002, 04:44 AM   #3
    mistyeyed

mistyeyed HB User
    Hi Citykitty,
    Did you go on Celexa because of anxiety and depression. I have heard that Celexa stops working in some people after awhile, did this happen to you? I just want to make the best choice for myself in regards to treating this illness. I live in Canada so the Lexapro is not yet available here, from what I've read it sounds like a good med with few side effects. As I said, I want to keeping my remaining marbles intact so the more info I can get the better informed I'll be about my treatment.
    Thanks for replying Leah

Old 11-21-2002, 11:53 AM   #4
    hellonwhls

hellonwhls HB User
    Lightbulb

Hi there Mistyeyed!
    I have been taking Celexa for about 9 months now, 20mg/day. I had just run out of them last week and spent the entire weekend and most of yesterday (nov20) kicking my marbles around with the OmniPresent dustbunnies! (10 second tidy would be good!) Went back to the Doc, got script refilled, and already have found about 75% of the marbles, in just one day!
    I think I shall spend the rest of the afternoon before work gathering them up and placing them back in the Mythril Bag,( I am a LordofTheRings FAN!) where they shall remain safe for the now. Did you get a chance to read the posts on the CelexaWithdrawls? I suggest you do if you haven't as of yet..GoodLuck with your marbles..why do we have so little of such a precious thing?
    hugzzzz
    hellon http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gifwhls

Closed Thread