It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Does Wellbutrin works?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
    College boy
    (male)

College boy HB User
    Does Wellbutrin works?

Hi,

I'm a student and I've been on effexor for 5 months now and i've experience lost of libido (no more sex drive). I was wondering if wellbutrin really works in that dept. and does it cause more weight gain? like will taking 2 antidepressant make you fater? and does wellbutrin affect your memory? I've experience some memory loss on effexor.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User
    Re: Does Wellbutrin works?

Actually Wellbutrin does not have a negative effect on sex drive. They actually give it in addition to some anti-depressants to counteract that side effect. I have been taking it for 1 month now and have had no weight gain. I have been taking it with Lexapro for two weeks and still no weight gain. When I was on only Wellbutrin it did not have a negative effect on my memory at all. Once I added Lexapro to it my memory has been horrible but it is improving the longer I am on it and adjusting to the medication. I have to quit the Lexapro though I am having an allergic reaction to it. I will be taking Wellbutrin XL and Zoloft together. Apparently prescribing Wellbutrin with SSRI's is very common. Prozac, Lexapro, Zoloft are all SSRI's. Effexor is a SNRI drug so I don't know if they prescribe that with Wellbutrin or not.

Closed Thread