It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Does Anyone Take Their Wellbutrin SR at Night?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
    salty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

salty HB Usersalty HB User
    Does Anyone Take His/Her Wellbutrin SR at Night?

Hello. I was wondering if anyone takes Wellbutrin SR right before bedtime.

Lately I've noticed I've been getting headaches and I think it may be related to the Wellbutrin.

I only take 150 mg. and thought if I took it right before bed with my sleep meds that hopefully I would fall asleep without noticing the headache (because I'd be asleep, obviously).

Any suggestions, advice, comments?

Thank you!

Salty

Last edited by salty; 02-05-2006 at 12:48 PM. Reason: grammar

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
    karen82252
    (female)

karen82252 HB User
    Talking Re: Does Anyone Take Their Wellbutrin SR at Night?

I have taken WB sr for years. I take it in 200 mg pill about 12 hours apart. So, yes I take it at night. Maybe yours is WB XL. WB SR does not come in 150 mg. pills. WB XL is to be taken once a day and WB SR 2 times a day. Hope this helps.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #3
    sadiegirl
    (female)

sadiegirl HB User
    Re: Does Anyone Take Their Wellbutrin SR at Night?

I have been on and off WB for quite a long time and for me the headaches always go away after a little bit of time.....so does the jitteriness......I have been on it so long that I could probably take it before bed and still be able to sleep.....my concern is that for most everyone it is an energizing drug and if you have problesm sleeping taking it before bed may not be a good idea.....just depends.....like, some people can drink coffee before bed and others cant.....at first I couldnt take WB after 3pm or I would have a hard time sleeping that night......
    oh..........and SR does come in 150....that is what i take twice (and sometimes 3) times a day

Last edited by sadiegirl; 02-05-2006 at 12:56 PM.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
    salty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi, Karen, thanks for writing so soon. Yes, my Wellb. SR does come in 150 mg. tablets because it is generic, so it is really Buproprion SR.

Do you take it right before bed?

Salty

Old 02-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
    salty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi, Sadiegirl, yes, that's what I just told Karen. It is energizing for me and I really do think it may be giving me a slight headache.

I'm just going to see if I take it with my sleep meds if I can still fall asleep. I sure do hope so because I'm on meds to take away my headaches and to prevent them. Thank you for writing so quickly, too.

You know, I tried to get the name Sadie when I first got on the boards and it was taken. My mother called me that when I was growing up.

Salty

Old 02-05-2006, 02:02 PM   #6
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

I take WB SR 150 twice a day also. I take my second dose around 3:00 p.m. so I can sleep. Even then, I was still having problems getting to sleep at night. I was so irritable and edgy that about a month ago added 5mg of Lexapro back along with the WB and I am sleeping great again.

On the weekends when I take it later in the mornings, I just take one a day, otherwise I would be taking the second dose later and I'm afraid I'd still have trouble sleeping.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #7
    lovecrockpot
    (female)

lovecrockpot HB User
    Re: Does Anyone Take His/Her Wellbutrin SR at Night?

Hi Salty,
    I was taking Welbutrin SR 300mg, one in the morning and one at night, but I could not fall asleep and got headaches also during the day. Then, I spoke to my DR and he asked me to change to XL once in the morning. The headaches are gone and I can fall asleep. That was my experience.
    Good luck!

Old 02-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
    sadiegirl
    (female)

sadiegirl HB User

Salty- Yep! Sadie was taken when I looked too so I added girl at the end even though I am hardly a girl (30 yrs old!).....how are the headaches???? Doing ok on the WB?

Old 02-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #9
    salty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thank you both for answering. I'm going to try to take the Wellbutrin as close to bedtime as I can. It's ironic though because today I have a headache and haven't taken the Wellb. yet!

I take pretty strong sleep meds so hopefully I'll do alright. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

The dr. just switched me to Cymbalta because I have TERRIBLE weight gain w/Lexapro and the sexual side effects for me are really bad also. He swears it will be better on Cymb.

So far I'm still craving all kinds of food and haven't lost any weight. I gained 50 pounds on Lexapro, fought like a dog to get it all off and now I'm almost back where I started because I had to go back on Lexapro again.

I sure do hope the Cymb. helps. I'm waiting....

I guess I will post about it eventually. I really don't want to hear any negative stuff right now though, I've been though just about all the A.D.'s and I'm running out of ideas. Thanks again for posting.

Salty

Old 02-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #10
    DebGrl
    (female)

DebGrl HB User

Hi Salty,
    I use to take my Welbutrin XL in the evening,until a docter told me I shouldn,t be taking it then
    I also take Zoloft at the same time, I,m glad you said something about the headaches because I have been experiancing headaches myself
    I didn,t know the Welbutrin caused them
    Well anyway I take it in the morning now, I,m glad to hear the headaches go away
    Gentle Hugz, Debora E.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #11
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Hi girls, I have been on Wellbutrin XL and now SR since August of last year. I have not noticed any headaches though. Maybe I have been lucky? When I was on XL, I took it in the mornings also because it said taking it too late in the day would cause you to have insomnia. And - it does!

Old 02-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #12
    sadiegirl
    (female)

sadiegirl HB User

Salty-
    I am with you on the not wanting to hear badd stuff right now.....sometimes i think that it gets in the way of truely experiencing the meds on your own terms.....i went off of cymbalta b/c i thought the sexual side effects were bad (high drive no orgasm thou) but i really didnt give it enough time (less than 3 weeks) and when i went off of it i missed the lift it was giving my moods.....now i am back on a small dose of Cymb and hopefully my system will get used to it this time and i am going to lay off worrying about the side effects....i think that it will work well with the WB.....my dose right now is 30.....what is yours?

Old 02-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #13
    salty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sadie, mine's 30 too, but I went off it today because I've got to see if I can get some of this weight gain off first.

If I feel myself falling into that black hole, I will immediately take it. My dr. said there aren't supposed to be any sexual side effects. I hope not. It's no good though if it doesn't follow through, if you know what I mean.

l/Salty

Old 02-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #14
    salty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Re: Does Anyone Take His/Her Wellbutrin SR at Night?

Hmmm, lovecrockpot, I don't know what to do. I slept okay last night because I only take 150 mg. SR with my sleep meds.

I guess if I have a problem sleeping, then I'll have to figure something out. I just can't take the headaches during the day.

Salty

Closed Thread