It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Are You Taking Effexor

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
    bluejay52404
    (female)

bluejay52404 HB User
    Are You Taking Effexor

To those of you you are taking effexor.I can only begin by telling you my story and my experiance with this drug.
    It started about 1 1/2 years ago after losing my husband and my mother with in 2 mos of each other.I was so depressed and unable to cope that after going to my family Dr and being put on a drug called effexor for depression which was to be a booster to the impramine which is also a AD.Well after a 1 1/2 i have decide to come off this and all AD.When I first tried to stop the effexor i was taking 150 mg's per day,so when i just stopped the drug i started to have side effects,dizziness,loss of balance.I could not stand this side effect so went back on deciding to cut down to 75 mgs.I did contact my Dr to let them know what i was doing and at no time was I told I could experiance other side effects,but that what i was experiancing was a side effect and it would go away in a couple of days.Well it did not,so i continued for a little over a week taking 75 mgs and then stopping.After stopping about 4 days out i started experiancing side effects again but this time it included nausea,migraine headaches,halucenating dreams and unstopable crying.
    I called my Dr who put me back on this drug,but at 37.5 mgs.
    Well today i returned to my Dr to chat with him about this and have decided that this is one drug you can not just stop and you must taper off very slowly,I was also told that i could still experiance side effects but should not be so severe.It will just take time.
    I guess my point to this is everyone's experiance with this drug is different,and that no matter what someone else may experiance yours could be different,so please check out the drug and talk with your Dr about any and all side effects that may acure,not only beginning a drug as this but also coming off the drug.
    Would I ever recommend this drug to other people,NO.As my Dr said he never thought I would have these kind of side effects since in reallity i was really not on it tht along,but it was not his mind or body being affect by this my was,and I for one will be so happy whenI am completely off of effexor and it is out of my mind and body

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
    cutekitty41
    (female)

cutekitty41 HB User
    Re: Are You Taking Effexor

it is scarey how these doctors can give you a med and not really know anything about it.
    how did they get their licence anyways
    vicky

Closed Thread