It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• anyone have stomach probs due to anxiety?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2003, 11:02 PM   #1
    Mrs.romano
    Inactive

Mrs.romano HB User
    Post anyone have stomach probs due to anxiety?

i have had this pain where IT HURTS TO PUSH MY GUT(STOMACH ) OUT ...
    SERIOUSLY IT COMES AND GOES BUT IT AFFECTS ME SO MUCH CAUSE IT HURTS TO WALK I FEEL OK WHEN I SIT BUT I DONT LIKE THIS PAIN ..
    BEEN SUFFERING FOR A WHILE NOW ..
    DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANXIETY ?
    ANYONE ELSE GET THIS STUFF TO ?
    ALSO ANYONE HAVE PROBS WITH BURPING ?????I ALWAYS MAKE MYSELF BURP BECAUSE I CAN NEVER HAVE A NORMAL BURP..ITS LIKE IT HARD FOR ME TO GET A BURP OUT ..
    PLEASE HELP ME

------------------
    stacy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2003, 12:03 AM   #2
    Zoeyoe
    Inactive

Zoeyoe HB User
    Yes, of course. Uncontrolled anxiety can cause all sorts of problems, and stomach problems have to be in the top ten. Ever heard of ulcers? Sometimes an overproduction of stomach acid eats holes in the lining of your stomach. Do you take anything for anxiety? How about some deep breaths of fresh air sometimes? This sounds lame, I know, but it works for me. My psychologist said to me just last night while in session........stop........take a deep breath! I can get myself so worked up that I have spells of nausea, diarrhea, and sometimes gas that I can't get rid of. Very painful.

Old 02-06-2003, 09:18 AM   #3
    TLC03

TLC03 HB User
    I have extreme bloating of my stomach. I sometimes can wake up in the morning and have it. I was told by my doc after several tests that it could be due to stress/anxiety etc.. I was put on effexor xr for mostly stomach problems..didnt help, made me gain weight which increased the bloating. It did help my head though. I am still at a loss.

Old 02-09-2003, 09:07 PM   #4
    nuzzler

nuzzler HB User
    Ive often had stomach problems due to anxiety.
    I understand your feeling, OK when you sit down,
    terrible when walking. Gut wrenching, gas,
    acid, ect. My psych. recently upped my Paxil to
    60 mg when has helped. I know where you are
    coming from!
    Eve

Old 02-09-2003, 11:29 PM   #5
    AmbrMF

AmbrMF HB User
    My stomach hurts all the time. I'm not on medication or anything. But it always hurts on certain occasions. Like in traffic, or meeting new people and even sometimes when I'm alone thinking. I know how you feel. But yeah I just take deep breaths and try to think about something else. It works for a little while

Old 02-10-2003, 05:37 AM   #6
    miss acne

miss acne HB User
    a good remedy for this is coral calcium by dr barefoot and dr sears has a pure pharmacuetical grade fish oil thats helps. I take both of these daily and it has helped my stomach a bunch. iuse to have gas pain bloating weight gain.now all gone. i beieve the nervousness is contributed to bad stomach. Also I eat a half a cup a day of pure royal jelly by glorybee.com

Old 02-10-2003, 05:40 AM   #7
    miss acne

miss acne HB User
    oops I have also taken paxil for six weeks. the doctor say the stuff is not addicting but IT IS. i quickly got off of paxil and started looking for more of a natural remedy. paxil is bad for you.

Old 02-10-2003, 05:41 AM   #8
    miss acne

miss acne HB User
    oops I have also taken paxil for six weeks. the doctor say the stuff is not addicting but IT IS. i quickly got off of paxil and started looking for more of a natural remedy. paxil is bad for you. Remember the key is trying to stay calm. Royal jelly, fish oil and coral calcuim has a calming affect on the nervous system.

Old 02-10-2003, 05:44 AM   #9
    miss acne

miss acne HB User
    oops I have also taken paxil for six weeks. the doctor say the stuff is not addicting but IT IS. i quickly got off of paxil and started looking for more of a natural remedy. paxil is bad for you. Remember the key is trying to stay calm. Royal jelly, fish oil and coral calcuim has a calming affect on the nervous system. Also there is a supplement by liquid I take is SEA SILVER which is really good has all the trace minerals known to man. I recommend this as well

Old 02-10-2003, 06:23 AM   #10
    ginli

ginli HB User
    I have irritable bowel syndrome which sounds like what you may have. My colon goes into spasms esp, when i'm stressed and anxious. I guess diet is very important and doctors do give meds like bentyly but i don't like how it makes me fee. I like the idea of the coral calcium though that another poster mentioned. I think i'll try it.

Old 02-10-2003, 05:28 PM   #11
    BetaChiAngel

BetaChiAngel HB User
    Very interesting about the coral calcium...Both of my parents have just begun taking it for arthritis because they've heard over and over that it's a "wonder product". I had no idea it could help with stomach problems as well. I suffer from reflux, sour stomach, nausea, bloating, and extreme lack of appetite. I'm going to a naturopathic doctor later this week, I'll see what he has to say about it.

Old 02-10-2003, 07:10 PM   #12
    miss acne

miss acne HB User
    betachiangel: Coral calcuim is really good. i have also had acid reflux and I don't have that no more too. It's put your bady back into a oh balance which diseases and acids cannot thrive thanks

Old 02-10-2003, 07:12 PM   #13
    miss acne

miss acne HB User
    it you have nop appetite I would buy royal jelly at glorybee.com real good stuff and it has a anitbacterial affect to on the whole body also an antibiotic heck i can't spell tonight. lol

Old 02-15-2003, 01:26 PM   #14
    blackcatinthesky
    (female)

blackcatinthesky HB User
    I used to get horrible stomache pains too, but now that Ive started taking some meds and my anxiety is hardly existant anymore, I hardly have this problem anymore!

Old 02-20-2003, 06:07 PM   #15
    SD1959

SD1959 HB User
    Is there a big difference in the brands you get at the health food store as opposed to somewhere like Wallmart or CVS?

Closed Thread