It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Considering switching to Wellbutrin from Paxil...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
    sunny27

sunny27 HB User
    Considering switching to Wellbutrin from Paxil...

Hello everyone! I really enjoy these boards because I learn so much from other's experiences, and can often find the information I'm looking for to help me make a decision. I've been on Paxil for several months now, and it has helped quite a bit with my depression and irritability (PMDD). The problem is the sexual side effects. I've tried Prozac, Paxil, Lexapro (least side effects) over the years for my reocurring depression and all have the same sexual side effects. I have an appointment with my Dr. next week and am thinking of asking her about Wellbutrin. My question to you all is, is wellbutrin good for irritibility? When I'm depressed, I get very aggravated with everyone and everything and just curl up on the couch and snack my stress away! I get severe PMDD and am ready to just explode I feel so stressed out on the inside. Everything bothers me. And I crave carbs like crazy! Also, I've put some weight on with the Paxil, it seems I just can't stop eating. Not helping me to feel better. Please, anyone's input is very much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2006, 02:02 AM   #2
    macadamiaNUT
    Inactive
    (female)

macadamiaNUT HB User
    Re: Considering switching to Wellbutrin from Paxil...

sunny,

hi there. Those side effects....meh, just NO fun at all!! When someone invents a med without them, they will be very popular!

What I've seen more recently is docs ADDING Wellbutrin to another antidepressant such as Paxil. It seems to calm the sexual side effects, and I think the carb craving (or general craving). Maybe someone here has had this combo and will post soon. You may want to talk to your doc about the combo idea. If you are not seeing a psychiatrist, it may be worth it to try one. They seem to follow up more consistently, know about combinations, know about dosing at an EFFECTIVE dose for the individual, but that's just my opinion.

Sounds like you've given the SSRI's a good try. I hope one/something gives you your desired effects and soon. Let us know...keeping the libido and not craving food...if it works, I know *I* wanna know.

mNUT

Closed Thread