It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• bye bye Zoloft

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #46
    r0cky
    (female)

r0cky HB User
    Re: bye bye Zoloft

well, the doctor wouldn't renew my Zoloft prescription so unless I wanted to deal with the withdrawals during a major move, I would have to do as she instructed and her instruction was to start on Effexor. So I've had to take it for a week now just to get a refill on my Zoloft ... and am in search of a new doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2006, 11:35 PM   #47
    chico

chico HB User

Is there someone out there who is going through withdrawals from effexor now, june 13, 2006 at 1:30 central time? You should be able to tell from my question that I am going through a rough time. I am having the ITCHING and head numbness at this time. I did wean off very slowly- took 10 beads out at a time (there are about 250 beads in the capsule). Monday was the first day of no meds.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #48
    r0cky
    (female)

r0cky HB User

Those of you with Effexor withdrawals who are fine after 5 days off of it, I'm impressed - even with Zoloft I was struggling with the withdrawals for WEEKS.

Consider yourself lucky, moomecat!

Old 06-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #49
    moomecat
    (female)

moomecat HB User

oh ya ps..
    I went to my PCP yesterday because I read a post somewhere about this guy who had great success getting off the Zoloft w/ the liquid form . This is because he could use a dropper & do it in the smallest quantitites..well I took that post to her and made her give me a script for this "in case" something happened to me w/ withdrawals. This is just due to the fact that I REFUSE to go back to 25mgs after going this long..i did not however fill this script yesterday because I am hoping I will not need it... But I know I have it as "back up" along w/ bottles of left over Zoloft...
    Just a thought for you out there getting off Effexor..i bet they make the liquid form and you can control that much easier then counting pills..because that book I listed above the "antidepressant solution" above has a whole chapter about some kid who was painstakingly counting the beads out of his pills daily and since they make the pills w/ different amounts this was getting him no where..he did not know this until a doctor told him..ahhhh hahhh you say! one more thing they do not tell us! *******S aren't they!

Old 06-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #50
    moomecat
    (female)

moomecat HB User

oh i do not consider myself to lucky just yet because i have ben through the ultimate hell btw getting off effexor and the reason i am on the zoloft is because of trying to get off effexor...although it did take me all these months to get off zoloft and it's day by day...
    I am in therapy again and still the syptoms even right now but it "feels" like it is getting better to me everyday!
    I only have smiles and happiness for all of you just keep your chins up!

Closed Thread