It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• People on Lexapro please read

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-23-2003, 09:16 PM   #1
    LostCause

LostCause HB User
    Post People on Lexapro please read

Ive only been on lexapro for 3 days now and i already feel like im having sexual side effects. Do u think its to soon for these to be kicking in? Is it just in my mind?
    How many of you have experienced sexual side effects? Does everyone have them?
    PLZ reply!!

[This message has been edited by LostCause (edited 06-24-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
    Genevra
    (female)

Genevra HB User
    For me too. I got the sexual side effects right away. Have mixed feelings about Lexapro, but I'm staying with it for now.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif Genevra.

Old 06-25-2003, 08:04 PM   #3
    hangtenvetter
    Senior Veteran

hangtenvetter HB User
    It doesn't surprise me that you experienced sexual side-effects after three days. The effects may subside after a while.

Old 06-25-2003, 08:06 PM   #4
    LostCause

LostCause HB User
    So many people have viewed this but only 2 replies? I would really like to see how many people have experiences sexual side effects, DOES EVERYONE? And how many have had those side effects go away after a while?
    Thanks to you 2 who did reply.

Old 06-25-2003, 08:10 PM   #5
    rsg
    Inactive

rsg HB User
    Exclamation

My husband was taking this along with topamax for migraines and I finally had to ask him to stop after 2 weeks, the side effects were way too bizarre.

Old 06-26-2003, 07:07 AM   #6
    hangtenvetter
    Senior Veteran

hangtenvetter HB User
    Hey LostCause,

I can't speak for the whole board, but after watching a lot of threads, it seems that almost -everybody- has sexual side effects.

What I don't know is if they subside after time.

Also I think there are two kinds of effects. One is loss of interest. The other is how it affects stimulation.

It's kind of hard for me to say too much about Lexapro because I am on 3 meds. Lexapro, Wellbutrin and Remeron. I don't know what is doing what :P

Old 06-26-2003, 09:58 AM   #7
    Tired74

Tired74 HB User
    Hello there I am on Lexapro for about two months and I think I like it. While still anxious I am more confident and slightly happier
    But a sad thing that is embarrassing but true I cannot tell if meds my sexual desire any less actually it does, I am always up for having sex, but experience dryness and never orgasmed in my life from intercouse. My docotr says it's because I suffered from depression and am not totally relaxed (obviously since I am a crazy nut according to my boyfriend) or comfortable during sex. Bizzar right.
    Good luck I like the way Lexapro makes me feel but I don't want sex as often...

Old 06-26-2003, 09:58 AM   #8
    hairjewels

hairjewels HB User
    Thumbs down

I was on lexapro for 4 weeks. The side effects were awful for me. Falling asleep at my desk, sexual side effects, strange sleeping patterns, twitching. It was great for my depression and anxiety though.

Old 06-26-2003, 10:59 AM   #9
    pixiepoodle
    Veteran
    (female)

pixiepoodle HB User
    I have been on Lexapro for 9 days and have not had any sexual side effects like I did with Zoloft. However, the problem I think it is causing is severe abdominal bloating, which in turn puts pressure on my spine causing my back to hurt. I normally suffer from constipation, but have not had that problem since starting this drug - just having 2 normal BMs a day. I am just wondering if the bloating is related to my digestive and elimination systems.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 06-28-2003, 09:28 AM   #10
    sunshineclarity

sunshineclarity HB User
    I have been on Lexapro for only 3 days and have not suffered any sexual side effects yet.

Old 06-29-2003, 07:12 PM   #11
    snappypea

snappypea HB User
    i was on lexapro for 2 months (after being on zoloft for many years). for some strange reason it had the opposite effect on my sex drive and it was through the roof!! very weird. i have a friend (also female) who is on it and experienced the same thing. we started calling it "sexapro".

LOVED lexapro but had to stop taking it because it cause acne, which was strange.

Old 06-30-2003, 07:24 AM   #12
    suej1946
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

suej1946 HB User
    I have been on lexapro since january and my main problem is I cant sleep. I lay awake all night. hope things get better for you. hang in there.

Old 07-01-2003, 06:49 AM   #13
    BethyM

BethyM HB User
    When I tried lexapro (for a week)...I felt oddly stimulated all day (in an unwanted way), along with all sorts of awful, awful side effects (twitching, head "shocks", nausea, weight loss (didn't need to lose any), worsened insomnia and panic attacks, tingling in my chest, needing xanax to counteract the side effects,and a generalized feeling of weirdness...My husband and I had sex like 2 days after I stopped the medicine and I felt like I couldn't have an orgasm (even though I constantly felt stimulated), (I could definitely still feel the med. in my system)it took about a week to not feel it any more, and return to "normal" (which is not my any means normal LOL Good luck to you...I realized that drugs are not for me, and I have no intention of trying any others at this point...

Old 07-01-2003, 06:50 AM   #14
    BethyM

BethyM HB User
    When I tried lexapro (for a week)...I felt oddly stimulated all day (in an unwanted way), along with all sorts of awful, awful side effects (twitching, head "shocks", nausea, weight loss (didn't need to lose any), worsened insomnia and panic attacks, tingling in my chest, needing xanax to counteract the side effects,and a generalized feeling of weirdness...My husband and I had sex like 2 days after I stopped the medicine and I felt like I couldn't have an orgasm (even though I constantly felt stimulated), (I could definitely still feel the med. in my system)it took about a week to not feel it any more, and return to "normal" (which is not my any means normal LOL Good luck to you...I realized that drugs are not for me, and I have no intention of trying any others at this point...

------------------
    BethyM

Old 03-10-2004, 05:17 AM   #15
    dennisr

dennisr HB User
    Re: People on Lexapro please read

Yes I have been on Lexapro for about 2 months now and I have had all the side effects. Now allot of those side effects are sub-siding and starting to feel allot better. I takes time to get the medicine to work to its full potential.

I have had sexual side effects, but allot of it has sub-sided after about 2 months.

Good luck

Closed Thread