It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Looking for an anti-anxiety drug with minimal side effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2003, 06:41 PM   #16
    Havisham

Havisham HB User
    Re: Looking for an anti-anxiety drug with minimal side effects

Hi,
    I was on Paxil for a couple of years, and it's really good, but the side effects (especially sexual) are pretty intense. Also coming off is a major pain!!! Now I take Celexa for the depression and also I have oxazepam for when I'm really panicky - and I love it!!! It's not as quick as say, ativan, but it's really, really good.
    Feel free to write if you wanna chat!!!
    Havisham
    Not everything you do is going to be a masterpiece, but you get out there, and you really try, and sometimes it really happens. The other times you're just stretching your soul..... Maya Angelou.[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2003, 08:28 PM   #17
    Iss
    (male)

Iss HB User

I totally understand what your going through. I'm trying to find something like that to.. I'm trying different SRRI's and they seem to help, but they actually seem to get my depressed or something... it's either that or they turn me into a zombie. I'm still searching for the right one. If i find it i'll let you know!!

Old 12-07-2003, 06:36 PM   #18
    dorri
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User

Hi, I am very sensitive to medications for anxiety and depression, and did not do well on celexa, paxil and others. I think they are all in the same chemical family. What I do well on is ativan (lorazepam) I take it only when I need it, but what I like most about it is I don't get the brain fog that I get with other meds. You control what you need by taking half etc. Only problem with it, is with regular long term use, it can become addictive. My doctor decided to try me on amitriptyline and I'm finding the lowest dose too sedating for me. Hopefully this side effect will wear off. When you find something that works for you, let me know! Take care!

Old 12-07-2003, 09:13 PM   #19
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dorri
    Hi, I am very sensitive to medications for anxiety and depression, and did not do well on celexa, paxil and others. I think they are all in the same chemical family. What I do well on is ativan (lorazepam) I take it only when I need it, but what I like most about it is I don't get the brain fog that I get with other meds. You control what you need by taking half etc. Only problem with it, is with regular long term use, it can become addictive. My doctor decided to try me on amitriptyline and I'm finding the lowest dose too sedating for me. Hopefully this side effect will wear off. When you find something that works for you, let me know! Take care!
    Hi dorri, I was on amtrip for 7 years, it worked great for me til I became tolerant of it. I always cut the pill in half & only took half at bedtime, it did help me sleep good & I was not drowsy the next day.

Closed Thread