It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Lexapro

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-07-2003, 08:27 AM   #1
    KayJay

KayJay HB User
    Post Lexapro

Hey all, this is my first post. I just wanted to know anyone's experience with Lexapro. This is my 2nd day on it, and I'm already having some side effects. Yesterday (first day) I got a headache that I woke up with this morning, but finally went away. My body feels "jumpy" especially my arms, I keep having to stretch them and rub them. Today I noticed that I have a very sensitive gag reflex. I didn't read anywhere about a gag reflex being a side effect.
    Does anyone have experience with Lexapro? I would appreciate it if you could share some info with me.
    Thanks,
    Kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2003, 09:38 AM   #2
    Mrs. Squirrel

Mrs. Squirrel HB User
    Hi Kay,

I've been on lexapro for 6 weeks now for anxiety/depression/OCD. I have just been upped to 20 mg. My side effects with the lexapro have been diahreah(sp?), no appetite, and nausea. I just can't eat. I have to make myself most days. It has helped with the depression, but I get anxiety when I start SSRI's, so I have to take other meds to help with that. Oh yeah, I'm also losing my hair. I don't know if that is from the lexapro or hormones.

Lexapro is suppose to have the fewest side effects. I have friends who have done tremendously on the lexapro. Give it 4-6 weeks before you throw in the towel. Good luck.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:39 AM   #3
    Mrs. Squirrel

Mrs. Squirrel HB User
    Oh, I also feel shaky and nervous on it sometimes too. (probably from the anxiety)

Old 08-07-2003, 11:53 AM   #4
    KayJay

KayJay HB User
    Thanks for your response, I've been a little nervous about taking it because of the side effects I've read about. I know I'm only on day 2, but I really hope it get's a little better. I have felt jittery all day and I've had to constantly keep my leg shaking to try to get rid of this feeling like I'm about to jump out of my skin.
    I don't mind the lack of appetite as I could stand to lose a couple of pounds, but I can barely eat or drink anything because of the sensitive gag reflex, and I'm very very tired. I hope that goes away too.
    Anyway, thanks for your input,
    Kay

Closed Thread