It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Help, Does Anyone Feel Like This When They Wake Up In The Morning?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #1
    beachlady
    Inactive
    (female)

beachlady HB User
    Question Help, Does Anyone Feel Like This When They Wake Up In The Morning?

The Worst Part Of My Day Is Waking Up In The Morning. I Usually Wake Up Feeling Tired And Exhausted, And I Dont Know Why, Because I Usually Sleep All Night (with The Help Of Lorazapam) And Before I Became So Depressed And Anxious I Use To Wake Up And Feel Good And Ready For My Day. Now I Wake Up Tired And Exhausted And I Am Afraid To Open My Eyes Because I Dont Want My Day To Begin.

When I Look Into My Day All I See Is Blankness. I Dont Have A Regular Routine Because I Resigned From My Job, Which Was Only Part Time, Three Days A Week, Thrusdays, Saturdays And Sundays, Yes I Worked For A Cruise Line And Had To Work The Day The Ship Was In Port, But Four Weeks Ago After I Had My Panic Attack And Became So Depressed And Afraid To Go Out Of The House, I Decided To Resign For Medical Reasons, So That If In The Future I Wanted To Go Back, They Would Have Me. So Now, Even Though I Have A Son At Home, He Is A Teenager, And I Have A Beautiful Home, And Things That I Could Do To Make A Routine For Myself, I Just Have No Desire To Do Anything, Some Days When I Was So Bad I Just Slept All Day.

How Do I Start Feeling Better When I Wake Up And How Do I Try To Organize My Day And Get Myself Going?

Any Help Would Be Very Much Appreciated.

Lost In Florida!!

Judi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
    CTCheryl
    (female)

CTCheryl HB User
    Re: Help, Does Anyone Feel Like This When They Wake Up In The Morning?

Instead of planning your whole day, try just choosing one thing that you would like to get done. That way you will be able to feel that you accomplished your goal for the day. Get up each morning, take a shower (that will help to wake you up). Also, you may want to try taking the Clonezapam earlier at night. If find that if I take it after 9:00, I have a lot of trouble geting up the next day. 6:30-7:00 seems to work for me, I'm relaxed enough to fall asleep when I go to bed about 10:00 and the effects of the meds has worn off enough to allow me to get up out of bed.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
    dwallech
    (female)

dwallech HB User

I also take lorazepam to sleep, but I had this trouble once before and started to make a small routine, not alot and slowly added a little a week at a time. I am going to start taking my lorazepam earlier now after reading this as I feel as though I have a foggy brain when I get awake in the morning. Hope this helps, but just start a little routine and gradually add to it and don't over do it

Old 04-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
    RatPack78
    (male)

RatPack78 HB User

Not having a regular routine can excaserbate depression. Even if you don't work, try and get up at the same time everyday and go to bed at the same time. Also, try to do at least one thing (preferably more) a day so that at night you feel like you accomplished something. It can be something as simple as cleaning the kitchen or organizing a drawer.

If you're not doing so already, see a counselor and/or a doctor.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
    Spin444
    Inactive
    (female)

Spin444 HB User

Hi Beachlady, Even though you're getting enough hours of sleep, you can feel drowsy, dizzy and more depressed from the Lorazepam. It's pretty common. The drug affects chemicals in the brain that may become imbalanced and actually cause anxiety, insomnia and seizures. You shouldn't drink alcohol while on Lorazempam as it can increase the risk of all 3 of those. If you're over 65, you have a even greater chance of having these and other side effects. It should never be taken by anyone who's pregnant or nursing (just in case) or those with liver, kidney or respiratory problems.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #6
    Rianna
    (female)

Rianna HB User

My Doctor told me that an overactive or underactive thyroid can cause mood disorders or depression as well as fatigue. Maybe you could talk to your doctor to see about getting your thyroid blood level checked and see if that may be the problem. I know, that I also get depressed, and feel very isolated and lonely. I start a new (temp) job tomorrow, and am feeling very anxious about it, as it has been several months that I have worked. I am currently on Klonopin for anxiety - my last one ran out yesterday, and I won't have the money until tomorrow to get my new prescription. I know that when I did volunteer work at an animal sanctuary when I was not working, that it really helped create some kind of structure.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #7
    helpme..
    (female)

helpme.. HB User

I feel like this a lot. I'm becoming more 'afraid' to leave the house and I've found myself hiding a lot and going to bed early so I can just lay in the darkness alone.

"Instead of planning your whole day, try just choosing one thing that you would like to get done. That way you will be able to feel that you accomplished your goal for the day"

I use to panic about not doing anything that day and wasting my time and life, but now, like the quote above from the second post, I try and accomplish one thing. Even if its something as tiny as e-mailing someone I havent talked to in a long time. Then I feel like I did something worth while.

Closed Thread