It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Muscle fasciculations, not tremors with ADs.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-06-2003, 12:00 PM   #1
    soia

soia HB User
    Question Muscle fasciculations, not tremors with ADs.

Alright, I've taken many different Antidepressants and all have given me muscle bundle twitches. However, these twitches are in the fiber bundles and don't cause tremors.
    They occur all over the body, but occur most frequently in the thigh region. My doctor has not come across this with any other patient. Someone please tell me they experienced this and tell me your story. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 12:49 PM   #2
    clairem80

clairem80 HB User
    Oh my gosh! I thought I was the only one that experienced that! A couple years ago I started to take zoloft for major depression. The depression was pretty severe & soon my dr. had me on a fairly high does of drugs. I found that when I relaxed (sitting on the couch, lying in bed, etc.) the muscles in my legs would twitch. It was the weirdest feeling. It was really troublesome esp. when trying to fall asleep at night. I would get a twitch that would wake me up again. I talked to my dr. about it & she decreased the dose of zoloft my 25 mg. No more muscle twitches after that!

------------------
    Claire

Old 09-07-2003, 01:26 PM   #3
    BethyM

BethyM HB User
    I got them when I tried lexapro for a few days...and they never went away! that was a few months ago...I just started zoloft, still have them...weird....I think they are related to anxiety....

Old 10-06-2003, 11:31 AM   #4
    danmc15

danmc15 HB User
    I have had symptoms of what is known as Benign Fasciculation Syndrome, and Klonopin (gen. Clonazapem) which is a benzodiazapem, has been very effective in eliminating them (along with other symptoms of GAD).

Old 10-07-2003, 10:46 AM   #5
    twinlake

twinlake HB User
    I had the same problem, even before I started on AD, the doctor said I had 'restless leg syndrome', and that sometimes if a person is stressed or overtired it occurs.

Old 10-07-2003, 12:27 PM   #6
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User
    SSRI's are nervous system stimulants and cause such problems as twitches or worsen existing ones. Serotonin is a stimulant, so too much or improperly metabolized can cause some anxiety and disturbed sleep as well. Usually it could take a long time after stopping the drug for the muscle twitches to go away, or in some cases maybe permanent.

Old 10-16-2003, 11:35 PM   #7
    mistyone
    Inactive

mistyone HB User
    ok everyone listen up about this horrible drug called effecxor. i am getting the hell of this drug and going to write to every post on this thing to tell everyone. i have had large and small muscle group tremors hands finger pinky thumb, large muscle group legs calfs thighs, bloodshot eyes and achey eyes, sleepiness or insomina, day /night reversal. no appetiate, nausa, headaches, zaps and buzzing in the brain, loss of taste buds, wrod recall loss, difficulty concentrating and thinking cleary to follow directions, short term memory and cognitive problems, tingles in left side of my body and strange skin sensations, loss of libido, constipation intially, and a host of others. Now there is a thing called tardive dyskenisa which is an invlountary movement disorder that used to be only gotten from the old stelazine, compazine, haldol, thorazine nuerolepics drugs, however, i have done some research and come to learn visa via the web, that SSRI's are now going to be label with this as a sdie effect on the insert as more and more people are coming down with some of these sympotms and they often do NOT GO AWAY. i know of a couple of people who including me it looks like now who have this. so be very careful as many of the pharmacuticals will begin to be sued for not listing his as an adverse reaction, they are not your aniexty, they are real symptoms and really sometimes donot go away. these can e realated to what mike j fox has- a type of parkinsons or movement disorder. I am never going to take another SSRI again as long as i live and cant waitto get the hell of this horrible tragic drug. it never should have been approved by the fda

Closed Thread