It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• "love", dopamine, and Wellbutrin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
    macadamiaNUT
    Inactive
    (female)

macadamiaNUT HB User
    "love", dopamine, and Wellbutrin

I don't know why this occurred to me but looking up some med in a post halfway down the board, that turns out to be a "dopamin antagonizer" or something like that got me to thinking about dopamine. That's the thing in Wellbutrin too, that helps with the sexual side effects and weight loss. Oh, so I looked the meds up on this one particularly funny meds website and it reminded me of how people act when they have a new "love" in their lives. So I looked up love, dopamine, Wellbutrin and got back some interesting research. I don't know why I'm telling you this. Oh, I was thinking I would look further at Wellbutrin so I could dump these 5 lbs. that I picked up in all the rain around here (which has thankfully passed, mostly).

ramblingly,
    and wondering if anyone wants to play Trivial Pursuit?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2006, 11:40 PM   #2
    mizplaced
    (female)

mizplaced HB User
    Re: "love", dopamine, and Wellbutrin

too funny life does have its silly moments Gave me a good laugh just thinking about it . Take care and post again Mizzy

Last edited by mizplaced; 04-29-2006 at 11:40 PM. Reason: bad zpeller

Old 04-29-2006, 11:43 PM   #3
    MagicSunshine
    Inactive
    (female)

MagicSunshine HB User

Hi macNut,

You come up with some of the coolest stuff. You're just wayyyyy smarter than what we gave you credit for. LOL

I was surfing the other day and happened upon some site that had about 500 Usless Facts. At first I thought...how silly. Then about 10 mintues later I was so involved I couldn't stop reading. Nothing more precious than a mind reading that frogs really do vomit. LOL

I hope you're doing well. I think I'm about ready to take my night time meds. Then it's only a matter of time until I'm zzzzzzzzz

One more thing...if a baby octapus gets hungry enough, it will eat one of it's own arms?? (That's easy to do when you have seven left, and I think they regenerate.)

Ok....I bid you farwell forthe night........TC.....Connie

Old 04-30-2006, 12:04 AM   #4
    macadamiaNUT
    Inactive
    (female)

macadamiaNUT HB User

Ah, it's Mizzy(spelled) and Miss C. I thought you both left earlier. I am actually also going to head off, as I thnk I had about 5 hours sleep last night.

Maybe I could just eat the love handles off and they would NOT regenerate, and I could just vomit them up like the frogs.....see, sleep deprived. Must go take the Z and get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzs. Night, lovlies!

Any of you own a "Red Hat"? ...to go with a purple outfit? Am I making any sense?

tootles! sleep well!

Old 05-01-2006, 12:46 AM   #5
    MagicSunshine
    Inactive
    (female)

MagicSunshine HB User

OMG macNut. I'm seldom at a loss for words, as you may have noticed. You need your zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's more than you think. I'm truly sitting here laughing. GO TO BED!! haaaaaaaaa heeeeeeeeee OH, MY this can't be real. I just know I'll wake up from this dream any min and write you and tell you about it. You are too funny. I guess we have to love ya. LOLOLOL
    Need water, lol
    Night night......Connie

Old 05-01-2006, 06:59 AM   #6
    GatsbyLuvr1920
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

This is a random topic, and since I love randomness, I just have to respond! lol! First off, dopamine isn't really as responsible for the feelings of "love" as serotonin is. It's been proven that serotonin levels decrease significantly when a person first falls in love- this is why new lovers are literally obsessed with each other because, as we all know, decreased serotonin is what causes OCD. Dopamine is the "pleasure" neurotransmitter and is what is released during sex or drug use to give somebody a "rush." Anyway, here's my random fact for the day: DNA molecules are sooo incredibly small that it would take 50,000 of them lined up next to each other to equal the diameter of a single human hair.
    -GatsbyLuvr1920-

Closed Thread