It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Ginkgo biloba helps SEXUAL SIDE EFFECTS causd by SSRI"S

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2006, 06:51 AM   #1
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
    Ginkgo biloba helps SEXUAL SIDE EFFECTS causd by SSRI"S

Hi guys i wanted you to know that Ginkgo biloba extract may reduce the side effects experienced by some people that are taking SSRIs such as fluoxetine or sertraline. An open-label study with elderly, depressed persons found that 200240 mg of GBE daily was effective in alleviating sexual side effects in both men and women taking SSRIs.2 One case study reported that 180240 mg of GBE daily reduced genital anesthesia and sexual side effects secondary to fluoxetine.

I had heard this before but i will definately try it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #2
    macadamiaNUT
    Inactive
    (female)

macadamiaNUT HB User
    Re: Ginkgo biloba helps SEXUAL SIDE EFFECTS causd by SSRI"S

Uhoh, I read that ginko is one of the complimentary things that don't mix with SSRIs. Unfortunately I don't remember the source. (lol, don't remember--ginko...I need some)

Anyway, if anyone is considering this, you might find out about ginko and SSRIs through a little online snooping.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #3
    jennyVee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
    Re: Ginkgo biloba helps SEXUAL SIDE EFFECTS causd by SSRI"S

Hi mac. actually i did do a bunch of reserach and they do not interract, I met someone online that used it and she says it helped her sex drive, so i decided to look it up in a search engine,it says that The minimum duration of therapy is 4 to 8 weeks of daily use. The typical starting dose for reversing sexual dysfunction due to SSRIs is 60 mg twice daily. It can be titrated up to 240 mg twice daily.

its definately safe to use from what i have read, but of course its up to everyone to lok it up online there is many info on it... i need some ginkgo tooooooo my sex drive is down in the dumps!

Closed Thread