It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Lexapro Withdrawal -- PLEASE PLEASE HELP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
    tummy2
    Veteran
    (male)

tummy2 HB User
    Lexapro Withdrawal -- PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Hi,

I was just wondering if some of you guys can tell me your experience with the Withdrawal Symptoms of Lexapro. I have been reading some of the old posts, but Hhavent found much.

I stopped taking Lexapro about 10 Days ago (The symptoms started 7 days ago). I quit cold turkey... I was on the MED for 8 Months at 15mg.... I went to 10mg then to 5 in two days... I know I didnt taper which is something I regret now.

Currently I am feelig

Dizzy,
    Sometimes feel dizzy/pass ot feeling when I turn or do something
    Stomach Aches
    Tired
    Generally Ill

Is this common with Withdrawal... Should I go back on a smaller dose or Just stick it out. Also, whats the average time I should give it before maybe giving in.... 2 Weeks, 3 Weeks?

Tum

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2006, 08:48 AM   #2
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
    Re: Lexapro Withdrawal -- PLEASE PLEASE HELP

You should NEVER quit an AD cold turkey. That is so bad for you. You should go back on it and then TAPER off SLOWLY.

No wonder you are having problems. People usually have some amount of withdrawal symptoms even when they taper slowly, but to quit cold turkey, it is possible you will continue to be hit with more and more symptoms as time goes by.

Go back on the smaller dose and taper off gradually.

Take care.

SOE

Last edited by SOE; 05-25-2006 at 08:49 AM.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
    Schupp1832
    Inactive

Schupp1832 HB User
    Re: Lexapro Withdrawal -- PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Didn't your doctor tell you about withdrawing slowly? If you can manage how you're feeling, maybe you can not go back on the drug. It doesn't sound like you're as bad off as some are. If you've been off 10 days already, I really think that you should stay off the drug, that's IF you can manage. Drinking alot of fluids is good. The worst of the withdrawals often lessen after 2 or 3 weeks. You might be left with some lingering problems, but you should be able to manage them. I say "should", because some people have problems for a long time. The chances are that you'll start feeling better soon. There are withdrawal guides on the internet. Your doctor should have helped you on this. Bonine and Quinine are good for the dizziness/nausea.

Closed Thread