It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #16
    melora9
    (female)

melora9 HB User
    Re: Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation

I have used CES for anxiety and insomnia. My insomnia problems (awaking at 3A and unable to go back to sleep) ended after using CES for 3 days. For other people it can take one day, or as long as 60 days, depending. For anxiety CES works immediately, like within minutes. Most people will get immediate relief from anxiety.

For depression it can take 3-8 weeks to get relief. About 90% of patients get clinically significant relief for anxiety and depression, about 80% for insomnia--check the clinical results and research for more info on that.

For more information please do a web search and you will find web sites with the clinical results and research papers.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by positivity17 View Post
    Melora: Have you had any experience with CES? Can you tell us anything about the results? Much appreciation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2007, 05:43 AM   #17
    luckygem13
    Veteran
    (female)

luckygem13 HB User

Thank you for this information, I had never heard of this. I just ordered mine online from the website where I usually order my books. They did not require a prescription. I'll keep you posted on how this works for me.

Antidepressants work great for my depression only, they have done nothing for my anxiety and insomnia. I take L-Tryptophan, Melatonin, 5-HTP, Benadryl, and Xanax every night and still toss and turn all night. Last night I only slept 4 hours, so frustrating.

Do you think I should use this product in the morning or the evening?

Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #18
    mariaannabelle
    (female)

mariaannabelle HB User

The FDA requires a prescription so whoever you bought it from is out of compliance with federal law.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #19
    melora9
    (female)

melora9 HB User

Lucky Gem, Generally speaking patients can use it in the morning or evening. The only thing about using it in the evening is that in some people, it may lead them to have trouble falling asleep. (For most people it actually helps them to fall asleep).

For insomnia you may see relief in days or it can take several weeks.

You can read the manual that comes with it and read more online on various web sites. The business you bought it from should be able to answer your questions and provide ongoing technical support as well.

The web site you mention says that a prescription is required...so it may be that they won't ship your device until they receive your script. You might want to call them.

Please NOTE! Very important!! Use of CES can affect optimal dosing of medications. It potentiates the effect of SSRIs for example! This should be done under the care of a physician...and should be a gradual backing off on the meds, and looking for signs you may be getting too much.

Last edited by melora9; 07-11-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Closed Thread