It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

• "Zaps" "Foggyness" Lexipro Withdrawal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-02-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
    HoustonChris
    (male)

HoustonChris HB User
    "Zaps" "Foggyness" Lexipro Withdrawal

I have been taking 20mg of Lexapro for close to 3 years. I was suffering from depression due to a chemical imbalance. It really helped me in my day to day living, relationships, and overall happiness. However, I could tell for the past year or so, I wasn't getting the positive effects that I had been enjoying. I kept this fact to myself, so I was a little relieved that my doctor suggested I get off of lexipro. I didn't really question him, since, inside I really wanted to as well. He had me taper off over a period of two months. I only tapered down to 10 mg for one month and then he had me off. It's been about a week and I'm miserable. It's hard to explain the "vrooms" that start in my head and travel throughout my body. I don't how else to explain them. Maybe electrical zaps are more accurate. They are weird and unsettling though. I get really sleepy for no reason and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I am experiencing dizziness, and headaches, a little nausia and alot of fatigue. I go from being almost "high" or euforic, to being angry and really beligerent to the people around me. For the past few days, I've been having these really vivid and kindof nightmarish dreams. My body almost feels like I have the flu, but without the fever. It's like my eyes don't really focus correctly or something, and when I try to focus in on something the "zaps" kick in. Going to a busy store with people walking around and driving makes it worse. Is anyone experiencing anything like what I'm going through? Does anyone know how long it lasts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
    willy1
    (male)

willy1 HB User
    Re: "Zaps" "Foggyness" Lexipro Withdrawal

Try some High Potency Omega 3. The two types of fatty acids it contains are DHA and EPA.You have to get one that is high in EPA (400+ mg). I've read up on this and can attest that it worked for me. The key is the high EPA. A lot of the omega 3's you see in stores has more DHA than EPA. This will not work as well, if at all. Another benefit is it's good for your heart and circulation.
    Good luck

Old 08-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #3
    HoustonChris
    (male)

HoustonChris HB User

Thanks, I'll try that.

Old 08-06-2006, 06:28 AM   #4
    dave_81
    (male)

dave_81 HB User

I quite zoloft cold turkey awhile back and suffered terribly from brain "zaps" -- a very common withdrawal symptom when coming off ADs. They lasted 2 or 3 weeks, after which they went. Nothing I did or took (expect for exercise, which helped a bit) made them go away or made me feel any better. I just had to wait it out. Hang in there; the brain zaps will disappear in a couple of weeks.

Good luck!

Best,

Dave_81

Old 08-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
    HoustonChris
    (male)

HoustonChris HB User

thanks so much for the words of encouragement. It's been going on 2-1/2 weeks or so now,,,but like you said they are subsiding a little. Still there, but not as intense. I don't feel as "foggy" either. Take care.

Chris

Closed Thread