It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Unexpected change...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
Ariesladi25
Inactive
(female)

Ariesladi25 HB User
Thumbs down Unexpected change...

Good Morning to everyone!

Hope all is going well. I wish I could say the same,but some unexpected change has come upon me. I just lost my job. A job I had for 3 months and now i am back to the same old boat i was in before. At home, searching endless hours for employment. I am so scared that my husbnad is so upset with me, even though he does not act that way. I know he is scared and so am I. Why does it seem like when things start going good for us, the carpet is pulled from underneath us. And to make matters worse, my depresson is still bad, it always will be. I have to restart looking for jobs, sending resumes and going through this horrible process. and of course the end result, struggle to get by once again. i am very scared i have been crying all weekend and feel no energy to began looking. please someone, anyone any advice i would appreciate it .

thanks,
amc23

Last edited by Ariesladi25; 10-16-2006 at 07:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
oceandreams
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User
Re: Unexpected change...

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Job searches are very stressful, so just try to be calm, and slowly begin your search as you feel better. Maybe take a few days off to rest and regain your strength. Something will come up eventually, it just takes some time. Perhaps talking with a therapist or counselor would help for now?

Old 10-16-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
PattiChati
(female)

PattiChati HB User

I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I felt like that for over 14 years and tried every medicine known to mankind. I had been on Lexapro - 30 mgs. I wasn't sleeping at all, no dr could help me, so I started to take trazadone just on my own. Without even realizing it, my depression lifted. I haven't felt like this ever. I had no idea this was what you were supposed to feel like. No wonder other people can be productive. The dr has since reduced my lexapro to 10 and my trazadone is at 100. He also put me on rozerem for sleep. I feel great.
Maybe you could try a combo like this? I was ready to give it all up - life wasn't worth living and I lost my Mom 4 months ago - I wanted to go join her. Give it a try and I wish you good luck,
Patti

Old 10-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
WanderingSoul
Senior Veteran
(female)

WanderingSoul HB User

AMC,
Hey there.... It's been a while, so nice to see you back!!

I'm sorry to hear you're not doing so well though.. but from things you've said before, it didn't sound like you were all that happy at that job anyway. So maybe this is a "blessing in disguise?" (And please don't strangle me for saying that, lol!!) What sort of job are you looking for?

I wish you all the best.. Remember that we're all here rooting for you..

Old 10-19-2006, 10:04 AM   #5
Ariesladi25
Inactive
(female)

Ariesladi25 HB User

Hey there Wandering soul,

Thanks for the welcome back!!!

I know a blessing in disguise, thats what my hubby says as well. And i dont disagree that it could be. I just am physically sick. My husband and i are very afraid we may have to sell home and move in an apartment. our mortgate is very high, and because of our credit and value of house no refinance is available.

I feel like i failed as a wife. This is really making my depression much worse. I feel that i have no more people to turn to my mother is got depression as well and she is hard to predict. one day from the next is unpredictable. such is for anyone.

Today, i tried to look online for jobs and nothing. i just need something like office or custoemr service. but no luck. I feel that their is no hope for me. I am starting to get very sick from all this, and i dont know if i am strong enough to stand up and carry on.

Thanks for listening,
amc23

Closed Thread