It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Has any taken Cymbalta?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
katmandu927
(female)

katmandu927 HB User
Has any taken Cymbalta?

Have any of you guys been on Cymbalta and what did it do for you?
It hasn't done diddle for me. I guess, I was expecting a miracle or something. I don't know, but I go back to the doc in 2 days and I got to explain to him that this stuff is not working on me.
I still stay in the bed, most of time, just like I did before I even started taking it....................I still cry all the time................nothing has change.
He said this stuff works on both chemicals in my brain................looks like it isn't working on either one of mind.
I am taking 60 mgs. a day in the am, does anyone know if they can go up on the stuff or is 60 as far as they can go.
I got to get out of this mood and enjoy life.................I hate it like this.

Last edited by katmandu927; 10-16-2006 at 01:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Roxy78
(female)

Roxy78 HB User
Re: Has any taken Cymbalta?

I have taken Cymbalta for almost a year now and I really can't say that it has done much for me. Certainlly nothing like my doc said it would. I am also very tired and seem to be getting more depressed by the day. I cry alot now when I didn't use to cry at all. I seem to have lost control. I also just found out that my iron is very low. Does anyone know if Cymbalta could have caused the low iron? I never had a problem before.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:14 AM   #3
katmandu927
(female)

katmandu927 HB User

Boy, you sound just like me? This stuff is working on me the same way. I have low potassium. Isn't this weird?

Old 10-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #4
juggalolivin
(male)

juggalolivin HB User
Red face Re: Has any taken Cymbalta?

this med is crazy lol Im havin withdraw symptoms from hell i feel like i have a electric pulse generator attatched to my brain lol and the low potassium thing didnt start 4 me till i started takin it

Old 10-18-2006, 03:56 AM   #5
katmandu927
(female)

katmandu927 HB User

That is strange with the low potassium thing. I am being to worry about that and this med. You said you are having bad withdrawals........wow, sorry to hear that......I can't tell the meds are even working on me, only to say that my potassium is all messed up, wonder why it messes with your potassium, will have to do some research and see if we can find the answer and see what is in the medicine we are taking????????
Hope you get to feeling better soon. Hang in there.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
juggalolivin
(male)

juggalolivin HB User
Talking Re: Has any taken Cymbalta?

yea Alot of reasearch... I think the doctors should research befor they give it to us..... The Shocks are horriable tonight... Does anyone know of a method to make them slow down or stop???And about the research The FDA need to research this crap befor they market it lol.....anyways Im out leave me a reply lol

Old 11-09-2006, 08:22 PM   #7
phoebeann
(female)

phoebeann HB User

hey there,
was just looking at some of the posts here my hubby started cymbalta about 2 weeks ago and takes trazadone at night to sleep have any of you when first starting on this "drug" had brief thoughts of suicide when you didnt before being on the meds? just wondered he had a thought this a.m. that he didnt want to be here wanted to go home please reply

Old 11-10-2006, 01:47 AM   #8
Arka5678
(female)

Arka5678 HB User

Hi Phoebeann,
I read your post about your concerns for your husband and him taking Cymbalta. My doctor gave me a script for this drug about 2 weeks ago. I am always researching drugs that are prescribed to me before i will take them.

Anywho, I did a search on Cymbalta and here's a very interesting read on it...it's scared me enough not to take the stuff.
[removed]

If your husband is having brief thoughts about suicide then he needs to call his doctor ASAP and tell him what is going on. He may need to switch Anti-Depressants.

Keep us posted

Sabrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebeann
hey there,
was just looking at some of the posts here my hubby started cymbalta about 2 weeks ago and takes trazadone at night to sleep have any of you when first starting on this "drug" had brief thoughts of suicide when you didnt before being on the meds? just wondered he had a thought this a.m. that he didnt want to be here wanted to go home please reply

Last edited by WanderingMod; 11-11-2006 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules. Do not post links to commercial websites.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #9
sshell1
(female)

sshell1 HB User

I just stopped taking Cymbalta due to weightgain. It seemed to work on my depression very well, but I gained 20 lbs in the three months I used it. Other than the weight gain, I was feeling great.

Old 11-11-2006, 02:31 AM   #10
Mag311
(female)

Mag311 HB User

If you are worried about this drug do not take it. You haven't been on it long enough to really experiance the withdrawal symptoms the others are talking about. i have been on cymbalta for aabout a year 60mg a day. At first it was wonderful..thought I found the cure to everthing. Now I am going off of it. Cold Turkey. Brain zaps are there, unexplained fears, my legs cramp (I am sure b/c of potassium) and others to mention.

however I can't sit here and just say bad thigns about cymbalta. With every depression medications come a chance that something could be effected in a negative way. We are taking mind altering drugs...not just an anti-biotic. So when we are dealing with drugs that are effecting our brain and chemicals in it..the withdrawls can be bad and the going on them can be bad. I believe all of them have their ups and downs and you just have to find the one that fits you. But if you are uncomfortable or feel it does not fit you..get it off of it before you are on it too long and then experiance withdrawal symptoms.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:10 AM   #11
meirocco
(female)

meirocco HB User

Add me to the list, Cymbalta did absolutely nothing for me. In fact i cried alot, got really depressed. I had no problems getting on or off of it-no side effects. Iw as on it for three months also.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:52 PM   #12
juggalolivin
(male)

juggalolivin HB User
Smile Re: Has any taken Cymbalta?

I Have Been Off Cymbalta For About A Month Or So Now And My Brain ZXaps Are Gone...Well I still Get A Few Every Now And Then But Nothin Like They Used To Be....My Potassium Level Went Back To Normal lol So It Had To Be The Drug Anyway Thanks For Listening To Me Rant...

Old 11-17-2006, 12:52 AM   #13
Alex6657
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alex6657 HB User

I was actually wondering a lot about this one since I saw a commercial for it on tv. It said it helps with the physical symptoms of depression also (the muscle tension, headaches, etc). But when I looked at the website I use to research all my medications I could not find Cymbalta listed. It's a Canadian site, so I'm assuming that Cymbalta is not approved here in Canada. After what I've read in this thread I think I understand why that is. And I won't be asking my doctor about it . Thanks to all for sharing your experiences!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:23 AM   #14
daftthing
(female)

daftthing HB User

ImagineLennon - Cymbalta is not avaliable in Canada, just as you suspected.

I take Cymbalta and have done so for quite a few months. I think it's probably working better for me than any of the others I have tried.

Old 11-18-2006, 05:32 AM   #15
Alex6657
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alex6657 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothtoaflame
ImagineLennon - Cymbalta is not avaliable in Canada, just as you suspected.
Yeah, I double checked just to be sure and couldn't find it under it's generic name either. That's okay, because I'm not really that interested in it after what I've read here. I'm glad that it's at least working for you, though.

Closed Thread