It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

Dropped off Zoloft. Wow. Help?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
Broken Arrow
(female)

Broken Arrow HB User
Exclamation Dropped off Zoloft. Wow. Help?

Hey Ya'll

I knew better than to drop off of any 'head drug' but I simply was SICK of the side effects. Taking Zoloft was harshing the harmonious balance in my home so I figured... cold turkey it and get it over with.

Wow. Having zaps in my head really bad but I digress.

Reasons I said no more:

1) They DO NOT say zoloft is 'habit forming' and you will have adverse effects when you discontinue the meds. What else have they not told us? These damn zaps ARE FREAKING ME OUT MAN.

2) My husband and I are trying DESPERATELY to have another child yet I cant find it in me to want to 'go there' even when ovulating. Before zoloft, I was very active.

3) When I began... 6 months ago? It made me sleep. Now, it keeps me awake.

I dont think I need to go on. I know I was wrong to c/t zoloft but it isnt life threatning like say, xanax. Just very uncomfortable.

I have been off now for 5 days and only today did these freaky ZZZttts begin. They are HELLA scary.

Hold off on the taper speech, Im five days into it and realize I went about it wrong but am not willing to turn back now.

But sure would like someone to support me through this. Its really bad for some. Suppose Im one of those.

What I am feeling now:

Brain ZZzztts, I cant explain it and its SO FRUSTRATING. Its like dizzy but more like one might imagine going into a seizure would feel, although it lasts only a second.

SO tired. No energy.

No sleep unless I fall out and then its in 2-3 hr intravals.

Tense shoulders and jaws.

Nothing really matters but the ZZZZttts. HELP. Im scared.

Second topic:

Is it safe to drink herb tea (chamomile and hibiscus flowers) to help me sleep, along with my Xanax?

Drugs scare me !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #2
Dakota_Skye
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Re: Dropped off Zoloft. Wow. Help?

hey broken,

yeah, those momentary zapps are very common, especially when the drug was stopped so suddenly. it's a side effect of all of the SSRI's when stopped cold turkey. your brain is adjusting to the lack of it. i dont think you should be afraid of it, except if something really horrible happens, like if you pass out....

i believe chamomile tea is soothing and a very deliacate herb. i don't think it would interfere at all with xanax. the tea's "power" is not at all overwhelming. i think it may be good for you.

now that you stopped the zoloft you gotta wait out the nasty effects. but if you ever go back on a med again, please do not stop it so abruptly. it's hell.....

hang in there girl!!!!

Old 10-17-2006, 07:23 PM   #3
Broken Arrow
(female)

Broken Arrow HB User
Re: Dropped off Zoloft. Wow. Help?

Im not letting these Drs mess with my head anymore.

I feel like a lab rat, much sicker now than before.

They want me on Xanax for life... they must figure I wont live a long one. Thats insane. Coming off is horrifying.

I feel like this. mixed with betrayal.

Closed Thread