It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

can i stop caring about what people think.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
red13
Inactive
(female)

red13 HB User
can i stop caring about what people think.

how can i manage my emotions to stop cring what others think about what im doing.
i am overall a chatty confident person but i seem to with a select few family members only) want to no that they are ok with my actions or what they are doing,and i sometimes feel ignored by them even though its pointed out to me that im not being ignored at all.
what can i do? i wish i just didnt care what they thought!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
galinaqt
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
Re: can i stop caring about what people think.

How often do you see these people? Can you avoid them all together?

Old 10-19-2006, 05:47 AM   #3
ICC
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

red13----i have spent the better part of my life worrying and caring what people thought of me. it started with an emothionally negligent mother whose standards i never met up to. that brought me through my life always thinking i was inadequate. brought that everywhere i went. i made their issues mine. alot of heartache and sleepless nights. my husband, children, grandchildren and a hand full of close friends think i'm a kind, giving, honest thoughtful, sincere, loving human being. the rest of the people out there who are always looking to cut someone down can do it to whomever they please but not me anymore. sometimes you overwelm yourself in trying to please everyone or just trying to meet someone else's standards. be good to yourself.

galinaqt-----how are you? haven't talked in awhile.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
galinaqt
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICC
red13----i have spent the better part of my life worrying and caring what people thought of me. it started with an emothionally negligent mother whose standards i never met up to. that brought me through my life always thinking i was inadequate. brought that everywhere i went. i made their issues mine. alot of heartache and sleepless nights. my husband, children, grandchildren and a hand full of close friends think i'm a kind, giving, honest thoughtful, sincere, loving human being. the rest of the people out there who are always looking to cut someone down can do it to whomever they please but not me anymore. sometimes you overwelm yourself in trying to please everyone or just trying to meet someone else's standards. be good to yourself.

galinaqt-----how are you? haven't talked in awhile.
I am ok. Thank you.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
ICC
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

PacketOfTrex------right on!! it gets you know where worrying about what others think. i have let people judge me for too many years. when i sat back and looked and i mean rally looked at who they were and what their lives were all about i totally understood why they judged me. they couldn't look themselves in the eye so had to pick others apart. how sad.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:26 PM   #6
Dakota_Skye
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hey trex,

i must say, i find you extremely fascinating!!! i'd like to know more about you, and/or your background (although i'm sure you'll probably rationalize why you won't reveal too much...or maybe nothing at all; who knows.

how interesting!!!

Old 10-21-2006, 07:42 AM   #7
Sannah
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Plus you have to be careful about whose opinions you are asking for. If they do not share your values or outlook on life their opinion is going to clash with yours and there is no need to get upset. I realized a long time ago there are few people whose opinions I even want. An example would be someone who is politically/socially very different from me. Of course they will judge me because we have different beliefs, so collect very few opinions! Make the best decisions that you can and believe in yourself!

Last edited by Sannah; 10-21-2006 at 07:43 AM.

Closed Thread