It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

tired rant

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
trg247
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
tired rant

The most common way of describing my depression is by using the word tired, I an tired of doctors of medicines of feeling this way just tired. I don't know what I am doing half the time and it feels like I am hanging on the thinnest of threads. Every night I go to sleep and I am overcome with nightmares, scenes from the past and possible scenes from the future. I can sleep up to fourteen hours a day and still be tired. My brain is so scattered it is hard to get everything to flow in the right direction and the only way I know how to slow it down is not healthy. Every week I wait for Saturday so I get to see my son, the little boy that gives me strength to move forward. How I miss him and my wife but part of me knows we will never be a family again as my depression took a huge chunk out of the relationship and it started to crumble so I have been alone for the last few months. Maybe that is my destiny to be alone. 32 and washed up, I suck

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
janedoe1975
(female)

janedoe1975 HB User
Re: tired rant

Trg247, I've been more of a reader than a contributor to these boards as I've had many problems & don't really know where to light. Some of the people in these boards have mentioned things that have really helped me. You are one of them. You keep trying to help others even when you are down yourself. I admire that. Don't give up. It is hard to put yourself in someone else's shoes but I suspect that you have an inner strength that you don't even know you have. Draw on that. Push yourself to do what has to be done to improve your life even if it is uncomfortable. You sound like a very caring father. Your son is lucky to have you even if you can't give him 100% right now. I hope and pray that things get better for you soon. In the meantime, thanks for being there for so many of us.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
All-alone
(female)

All-alone HB User

I could have written that myself, I couldn't find the energy to do anything today, it's such an effort to even open my eyes some mornings.

Hang on there TRG and keep posting people here help a lot

Old 10-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
All-alone
(female)

All-alone HB User

Also NO you don't suck and your not washed up, your just in between places right now.

Keep thinking of your son, and use that strenght to see your self through the really bad days

Old 10-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #5
oceandreams
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User

trg, You have come to mean a great deal to many of us that read this board. You are a good person, and you're trying hard to get well. It's too bad we can't all get together in person and give you the big hug that you deserve.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #6
msbibe
Veteran
(female)

msbibe HB User

I'm with oceandreams. Group cyber hug.

You are always kind, caring, diplomatic and helpful to others even when you are dragging like a wet soggy rug across mud. That speaks volumes about the kind person you are. It's not when people are at their best that you judge their character, it's at their worst--they show their true self then. Stand proudly, T.

Print out all the supportive posts to you, enlarge them, tape them to your walls. You have a big cheering section here and all over HealthBoards.

You're remarkable too for hanging in through all that you have and will.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:14 PM   #7
trg247
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I thank each and every one of you for the support and faith it is greatly appreciated. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for all of us

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 10-27-2006, 05:27 AM   #8
Sannah
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

You all wrote the nicest, most supportive words. They were very inspiring.

Closed Thread