It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board

No Clue how to Handle This...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
confusedlucy
(female)

confusedlucy HB User
No Clue how to Handle This...

Hi, I'm new to the whole message board way of life. After failed attempts of trying to get into chat rooms, I am going to try this out.
In the past few months, I have these ridiculous days of melancholy where I sit around my apartment crying for no reason at all. After talking with my sister, she encouraged me to seek help, which I did. The University I go to offers free counseling services. Well, they suck. After an initial appt. I was told I was going to get assigned a counselor and he would call me within a week. 2 weeks later, he calls and sets up an appt. I show up for the appt and after 20 minutes of waiting am informed that no one is aware of my appt. It has been a week and I have yet to get a phone call to set up another appt. It just makes asking for help that much more difficult.
While I get down for a few days I pull myself together and put on a game face, and soon enough I get back into the groove of things and feel as if everything is ok, until it happens again. It happened again and I just don't know what to do.
Please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2006, 06:11 AM   #2
Sannah
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: No Clue how to Handle This...

Lucy, sorry to hear that you have been feeling down. I would call the office again and see what is going on. I received most of my counseling at Universities and it was excellent. Keep trying and don't give up!

Old 10-29-2006, 08:28 AM   #3
Dakota_Skye
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hi lucy,

don't give up. pester them if you have to. keep calling and saying you have to make an appt. you tried to make it 3-4 (however many) weeks back, and they said they didn't have it down for you....keep at it, lucy!!!!!

Old 10-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
WanderingSoul
Senior Veteran
(female)

WanderingSoul HB User

I agree with Sannah and Dakota. Persistence is key!! And yes, I know it is very easy to just give up when you're feeling so down... but.. try not to.

In the mean time, you've got us.

Closed Thread